Fish Finders

dustinchromers

Haven't seen old Hansinderghills for a long time.

Covid has made travel difficult for him. He's in Germany under contract with Google perfecting his fishing aids. They should be available soon to the general public. Keep an eye out because these products will make fly fishing less challenging and better than ever.

cdnred

I thought this thread had died.. I had been debating on either going with a 9" Lowrance or the 9" Garmin. Shortly after starting this thread, I ended up buying a Garmin EchoMap Plus 93sv last spring, got a heck of a deal at Cabelas. It's got a huge 9" screen and for this old fart it makes reading more tolerable. Only issue I had was that about 2 weeks after I bought, the COVID lockdown hit. Hopefully soon that'll be lifted as I'm dying to get and try it..

Attachments

• Garmin EchoMap Plus 93sv 1.JPG
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93sv 1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 6

LilCutts

Semper Doodle
WFF Supporter
I know you are new here. Generally it's considered poor form to bump old posts. I'm seeing a habit of you bumping them with posts that come off as righteous or are meant to provoke. You then seem to struggle with the attention this brings back towards you. Might I suggest laying low, getting to know people and participating in the posts that are current?
I found this under What's New. Oops.

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
I have a handful of those, from the emergency lighting at mills. They have to replace them annually, and they get rid of all the old ones that work perfectly.
I bought mine at the battery store in Bellingham.
They service the jail, hospital, Coast guard and have replace annually for these entities. I think I paid less than 10 bucks for a 12 v 5ah Duracell.
I also got a 12 volt reconditioned marine battery for my sled there too at half price with 3 year warranty.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I found this under What's New. Oops.
I gotta admit, lotta folks on here being real hard on you, not sure why. Uh oh, now Im going to catch the heat.
:eek:
Please ignore this post.

PS, feesh finders are for cheaters.

cheers

LilCutts

Semper Doodle
WFF Supporter
I know you are new here. Generally it's considered poor form to bump old posts. I'm seeing a habit of you bumping them with posts that come off as righteous or are meant to provoke. You then seem to struggle with the attention this brings back towards you. Might I suggest laying low, getting to know people and participating in the posts that are current?
You may suggest anything you want! God help other new members who don't know what's 'generally considered poor form'.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
My friend Hans is working on a Google glass fish finder that you wear. It's definitely not cheating and is the future. Fly fishing is about catching as many fish as possible with a fly rod. I'll use any advantage I can get. Yes, this includes the Google Glass Pescadores Maximus series of products. In the not so distant future it will be standard equipment and the only real way to reliably catch dwindling populations of fish. I've tested the prototype and it's a game changer. Those not using this technology will be left in the dust. It shows not only where the fish are but it will immediately upload and post your catch to your various social media accounts. It uses complex algorithms to suggest colors to use based on sky conditions, water temp, barometric pressure and other confidential trade secret metrics I'm not at liberty to discuss. Cheating? No. The future? Yes.
god damn you. I just had coffee come out my nose because I was trying not to laugh out loud. I'm never reading another chromers post during a zoom meeting ever again! :D

GAT

Dumbfounded
I have used 'fish finders' for over 30 years and wouldn't want to go on a lake without one. But I don't actually use them to find fish as much as determine the depth and contour of the bottom. They really shine for chironomid fishing and are a constant reminder of which sinking line I should be using.
Same here. I actually like catching fish more than casting so when it comes to stillwater, I am sold on depth/fish finders. I don't consider using one as cheating because I can read moving water and decide the best places to try. When fishing Stillwater, you have nothing to read but a flat surface. The depth finder helps you read the bottom to increase your chances … same as reading a river. And just because you can see marked fish doesn't mean you will catch them.

But it can give you an indication as to at what depth they are holding.

Like I said, I like catching fish more than casting so I have no problem using a finder.

JohnB

Getting God's help is like cheating...
In a slow day of fishing my pleas of "Jesus Christ where are the f-ing fish?" rarely work. Maybe I should search for a different deity? Something like "Hey Hans could you please bring those fancy glasses over here, I've got a question for you."? Or just start praying to Glaucus I guess?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts