Fly ownership questions (a long story)

jwg

It was called a Teeny nymph but I don't know if he ever trademarked it; I have never seen it marketed commercially so it seems likely. I know he sold hooks for it with his name on them, I still have a few. Never heard any stories about litigation. Fun fact, he developed the fly on East Lake in central Oregon.
He says sold them at shows, along with a line of variously colored pheasant tail feathers.
J

Speyrod GB

He says sold them at shows, along with a line of variously colored pheasant tail feathers.
J
He did. I remember the shows many years ago. We are talking when the Kingdome was still an actual structure. I may have even bought a few colors. The Antique Gold was a great color.

Speyrod GB

We sold his hooks, feathers and lines at AATF.
I also had the 200, 300, and 400 lines. Cut he sinking part back to 15 feet and used the sinking portion on a floating bass bug taper line. Good ole homemade sink tips. The running lines didn't mend quite like a real floating line.

JACKspASS

Just imagine gear fisherman(which I am 49% of time) bitching about this kind of crap. I am guilty of this to a certain degree, but alot of fly fisherman place alot of importance on image......image is everything, we want to be seen in a certain light, having fashion sense @Swimmy. We are enamored on how we look, how we cast( it's an art form which takes patience, skill, and a certain level of physical ability that not everyone has), and we take it to another level on the flies we tie. As mentioned above, a hook with a black strip of bunny will catch anything, yet we dress our flies as heavily as our egos because this is more than a fly, it's artwork and self expression dammit. After a couple cold ones the world spins a little slower and we can finally answer the question of, " why would somebody do that?" @Skip Enge style.

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
This thread has some potential, what it really needs is douche la farmer to join and defend himself. He could defend himself and brag how he developed the bunny leach 100 yrs ago and how the the composite loop is so revolutionary, I mean people have only been doing dubbing loops for only a couple yrs now. Right?
I wonder what will happen when he discovers woodhead sculpins. I cant even imagine the flies he could create with his tallent and some wool.

Yo, Farmer dont be shy, come join the fun. It will be just like joining the bloods or crips(sp) we will see if you can hang or not? My guess is you cant handle it and will puss out!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts