I REMEMBER.....

GeorgeV

WFF Supporter
Four pounds of finger size fresh shrimp $2.00, Pioneer Bar in Sitka, Alaska. Fresh King crab, $0.50 per lbs. from the fish monger lady with the International P.U. in parked in front of the bar. Mid 1960's.

bakerite

I decided to clean my 63 Plymouth sport fury one time. I removed the back seat and what do you know? I found a 3" marijuana plant rooted in the beer soaked black carpet growing under the seat. True story. :confused:
My 64 dodge truck "Edgar" had plants growing in the cracks where dirt would collect on the floor a couple of time too! To me the good thing about that $10 pot was that you could smoke all afternoon and night and just maintain a good buzz. We always seemed to end up at the Jack in the Box on aurora at 185th. The only late night place in the North end when you had the "munchies".

bakerite

Does anyone else have fond memories of fishing Ebey lake? Acres of shallows with big cedar stumps, logs and brush growing all over them. Great hatches of mayflies and damsels and lots of nice cutties and every once in a while a big one.

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Does anyone else have fond memories of fishing Ebey lake? Acres of shallows with big cedar stumps, logs and brush growing all over them. Great hatches of mayflies and damsels and lots of nice cutties and every once in a while a big one.
I fished Ebey and had a trout cause me to circle around in my float tube. My first trip up there was around 1974-1975.

jamma

I remember fishing in the 60s. I was there. I think. Some of it is kinda' hazy. I've since read that there were only about 2 1/2 million people in WA then. And I thought it was plenty crowded. But I could camp or fish or hunt most anywhere. I don't remember ever seeing a "No Trespassing" sign. Oh, and the Toutle River was full of fish and not volcanic ash. I didn't have a camera, so no pics. Did it really happen?
Yes, and I have the pics.

jamma

I remember trying to find it once with no luck. Was afraid that someone would "correct" me if I was trespassing.

sportsman

My 64 dodge truck "Edgar" had plants growing in the cracks where dirt would collect on the floor a couple of time too! To me the good thing about that $10 pot was that you could smoke all afternoon and night and just maintain a good buzz. We always seemed to end up at the Jack in the Box on aurora at 185th. The only late night place in the North end when you had the "munchies".
Pakistani Gold...a great mixture of Indica resin and camel shit! One toke over the line with one toke.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I hiked up to it one time but didn't fish. Was out for a look see. The next time I was there was when you could drive up in there. There was a group of guys pulling about a 14' boat out of the lake. They were fishing it with gear rods. This was before we ever had the internet.

There used to be a time when you could drive all over the place in the woods. Soon the timber Co. were putting up gates to stop the dumping of garbage. That shut down a whole bunch of accesses. Drove up into the area of Deer Creek. What a job of clear cutting was done up in there. Talk about taking it all is an understatement.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts