I REMEMBER.....

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Yes, and I have the pics.
been by steelhead rapids and the big pond...Boat house rapids...the boathouse long gone...used to fish down there too...watched a guy/kid hook a steelhead on some little zebco kids set up near the beaver dam ,,,it was interesting...over by the boathouse...watched Bill McMillan hook a steelhead and land i on a fly rod...I know it wasn't in slow motion...but to me it was...I was maybe 14...I was using sneak spinners then...the idea of weilding a magic wand sort of stuck but it took me a while to get out the eagle Claw and phleuger dad got me for my 12th birthday ...years went by...but an early influence for sure....just memories...which are prone to coloring and imagination and that blending of dreams vs reality.

psycho

Fishing for Steelhead and Springs 200 yards from the ferry on Whidbey Island in the late sixties, then Amatto put a map of the place in his rag complete with which rock to stand on. No body there , then the crowds after the mag came out.

jamma

To change from things that we have lost:

I remember meeting my friends and the summer days we spent fishing; bonding and creating memories and philosophies that made us stronger and carried us through our lives and made us the people we are today, for better or worse. The ones I still have enrich me and the ones gone still inspire me. I owe them a debt that I can never repay but still aspire to.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Gas prices. In Lynnwood they used to have gas wars. This was in the mid 50's. Cheapest gas was 10.9 cents a gallon. Go to a station and get a fillup for 2 bucks. This was before the freeways.

Hamburger was 4 lbs for a buck. Wages at Boeing. $1.60 cents an hour. Bread was 25 cents a big loaf. Yes, things were cheap, but so was the wages.

SilverFly

Gas prices. In Lynnwood they used to have gas wars. This was in the mid 50's. Cheapest gas was 10.9 cents a gallon. Go to a station and get a fillup for 2 bucks. This was before the freeways.

Hamburger was 4 lbs for a buck. Wages at Boeing. $1.60 cents an hour. Bread was 25 cents a big loaf. Yes, things were cheap, but so was the wages.
I hear tell that gas was better back then because the oil it was refined from came from freshly decomposed dinosaurs.

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish

Jim's so old he has autographs from Lewis and Clark from their first visit to WA state.

Krusty

Huge Erect Member
WFF Supporter
I hear tell that gas was better back then because the oil it was refined from came from freshly decomposed dinosaurs.
But the low prices were bittersweet because OMJ knew the dinosaurs personally.

Still, shedding a tear on fill-ups, he pocketed the savings (which he spent on fast women, cheap whiskey, cigarettes, and just wasted the rest).

Last edited:

EBT

Does anyone else have fond memories of fishing Ebey lake? Acres of shallows with big cedar stumps, logs and brush growing all over them. Great hatches of mayflies and damsels and lots of nice cutties and every once in a while a big one.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for reminding me of many wonderful days at Ebey. Fishing in the middle of the stumps was so much fun, but only if you remembered to look behind yourself before a back cast :eek:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info