Coronavirus Degrees of separation

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
If anyone is at home looking for something to do we desperately need PPE in the hospital settings in Washington. Call legislation and the powers that be and demand they figure this problem out! It's not time for politics, it's time for action. A clean healthcare team is key to stopping the spread (and keeping myself and my family safe). Reusing PPE is a sacrifice that should not happen and it is being mandated all over WA.

There is a team of medical people willing to risk their life out there for you right now. Stay at home and help them by limiting exposure and being an advocate!

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
If anyone is at home looking for something to do we desperately need PPE in the hospital settings in Washington. Call legislation and the powers that be and demand they figure this problem out! It's not time for politics, it's time for action. A clean healthcare team is key to stopping the spread (and keeping myself and my family safe). Reusing PPE is a sacrifice that should not happen and it is being mandated all over WA.

There is a team of medical people willing to risk their life out there for you right now. Stay at home and help them by limiting exposure and being an advocate!
I'll do it tomorrow. Sad that we're not that far into it and already running out of PPE for our medical professionals. I assume the state government is important, but on a federal level as well.. I'll figure it out!

Zak

Thanks for doing what you do! My wife's nurse in a local hospital and man, it's scary!

Zak

My wife just sent me this, from Providence:

C&CRods

not your average member

Thank you so much to all the health care workers, including you billy, putting themselves on the front line. I pulled myself out of a job on Wednesday to self isolate even though my company plans on working as usual thru all of this and will likely be at the bottom of the rehiring pool since i was the first to walk away from work. I hope everyone is so we dont add unnecessary sick, as thats all we should be thinking about now. Hope everyone on here is staying safe and healthy as we watch this unfold.

dekartes

Man I need to get out and wet a line this weekend. I am feeling particularly antsy today about the long term outlook and strategies of putting this bug in it's place. It's sobering to think that this may be the way we operate for the next 1-2 years. Time to isolate from the news for a bit. Hope the snow melt comes early.

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
While out in the garage working on my pram some asshole pull my boat up concrete launch trying to be helpful with me sitting in it, removed some fiberglass off the bottom. Listening to little blues I thought I share a little Walter Trout with you kind of matches the times we are in.

FinLuver

My wife just sent me this, from Providence:

With only 3 US manufacturers of disposable respirators, don’t expect these anytime soon. The majority are made overseas and one guess where they are made...yep, China.
While the medical and public safety sectors have the first priority for these items, the lead times could be as long as August.

Learning to sew would be a good thing to do.

Phish Guy

Should my employer tell us if an employee(s) are infected with corona?

they’ve shown little regard to our safety. We asked for cleaning supplies over a week ago but still haven’t received any.
Now there’s talk about 2 employees who are in quarantine right now because they live with someone who has confirmed corona. These 2 people touch so many things here it would be hard for everyone to not get infected... I know it’ll probably happen eventually but I think it’s only fair to the rest of country to help prevent it at a local level right here.

we’ve been told we can go home but that they will use all of our floating holiday and vacation. the policy here is if you can’t somehow get 40 hrs in a week then it’s termination... a lot of us would have to lose our jobs to quarantine. None of us want to do that of course but then again if it’s in here then I don’t want to be here.

anyways..... do you think employers should tell their employees that a coworker is infected or has been in contact with an infected person? Or do they just keep working us till the government forces them to close.
Fucking pocket protectors...

Bowbonehead

Unless you provide a crucial service to the public........ Its not worth the short term gain Social distancing is the only way this will be slowed

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts