Coronavirus Degrees of separation

Jim Travers

I thought the same thing on Friday but it never materialized. It seems inevitable that we will have some sort of “shelter in place” order and at this point I wish we could just get it over with. I don’t see any point in shutting down schools, bars, restaurants, and retail for two weeks only to shut down everything, including those establishments for another couple weeks afterwards. It would make more sense and would have done less overall economic damage to just shut it all down at once for two or three weeks. Kinda feels like we’re only avoiding and prolonging the inevitable, let’s go ahead and pull off the band-aid.
Yeah. Agreed!! It's time to NUT UP!!

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
The shutdowns will likely need to be of
months in duration, not weeks, in order to prevent the collapse of the health care system.
Fundamental changes that will last the rest of many of our lives are coming, that should be clear at this point.

psycho

We will have to develop herd immunity to this virus or it will be back again and again if no vaccine is found. The world economy cannot withstand this over and over again. It kills mainly old people with compromised health, very little effect on the young.No one lives for ever, life is terminal, death is a natural occurrence accept it. Covid 19 will get some of us old guys, I have lived a good life and if I go so be it.

GeorgeV

WFF Supporter
I have also lived a very good life. But, I still have things to accomplish and contribute. I still hope to be able to make this just a little bit better place. I realize I don't have a lot of influence, but I have some. Maybe changing someones attitude just a little will make a difference. "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change" "Never yield to negativity" Pope Francis.

psycho

I think that was his philosophy when reports about what some of his priests were doing arrived at his desk.:D

psycho

The seasonal flu kills many more each year than this bug, no big panic over the seasonal flu. Both of them are not able to carry the robe for the motor vehicle. No panic over that killer either. Stupidity kills thousands each year and we live with that. :D I try to avoid the stupid, get my flu vaccine and drive like every one else is trying to kill me. Some thing is going to get me sooner or later so I don't worry about the end of life. It is coming quickly towards me over the horizon.:confused::D

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
WFF Supporter
The seasonal flu kills many more each year than this bug, no big panic over the seasonal flu. Both of them are not able to carry the robe for the motor vehicle. No panic over that killer either. Stupidity kills thousands each year and we live with that. :D I try to avoid the stupid, get my flu vaccine and drive like every one else is trying to kill me. Some thing is going to get me sooner or later so I don't worry about the end of life. It is coming quickly towards me over the horizon.:confused::D
Seriously?

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
Now I wonder if I can fish any Oregon rivers now that Gov. Brown has issued a stay at home order. I wonder if that stops me from fishing the Hood or Deschutes? Maybe I can claim the order does effect me because I am a Washington resident. Oregon Parks already told me this morning that I can’t cross the lands of an Oregon State Park to get to the river because the park is closed. I wonder if I can get a prorated refund on my expensive Oregon Non-Resident License.

Almost 12:30 and I’m still in my PJs and slippers.

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
The way I read it is yes. For all outdoor recreation you must stay 6' apart....so no hoglines.

I feel pretty good about my musky fishing since I rarely see anyone else doing it, although yesterday I was lowholed by Johnny bassboat. I mean, you've got this huge lake and he drops in 30' in front of me in the direction I was clearly working. That's ok, I got a couple of pretty hot follows nearby.

jamma

For those interested, the CDC reports that so far, this year, there have been 4,800 deaths and 87,000 hospitalized due to influenza if you wish to do a comparison.

Would also point out, as far as death rates go; initially they will tend to be high, especially in cases of first-time epidemics, due to instances of people who contract the disease but do not report or are positively diagnosed as having it. For example, South Korea, which has been aggressive in diagnostics, reports a 1.9 fatality rate. Sure, it's still almost 20 times the rate of influenza, but you can see how numbers can vary initially until more comprehensive studies can be evaluated. And also understand that the influenza numbers include 196 children since the beginning of the flu season, a demographic not, to my knowledge, yet impacted by the coronavirus.

Not saying you shouldn't be concerned, just not hysterical. At some point, I am going to need to buy paper towels and tp, so I would appreciate it if you all left me some. :rolleyes:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts