Coronavirus Degrees of separation

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
Okay, I told my wife when this started that sooner or later it would lead to civil unrest, rioting, and looting.
I just watched a video of merchants in Chicago boarding up their stores.

Stay safe and respectful my friends!
NYC is first. Wait till 10 or more big cities get rolling.

Btw my fuse is getting real short with some of you guys (not you @Old406Kid) that think the rules don't apply to you. I am going to spend 6 of the next 7 days in an N95 mask for 12 hours a day. If I need to close this thread and quarantine some I will...

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Okay, I told my wife when this started that sooner or later it would lead to civil unrest, rioting, and looting.
I just watched a video of merchants in Chicago boarding up their stores.

Stay safe and respectful my friends!

That's been my biggest concern out of all of this madness. It seems there are a lot of people out there just looking for a reason to start. Most of these folks were wound way too tight even before this began.

My wife has been off work for a little over a week now and its been great. Well, not great, as being stuck at home sucks....but my worry has dropped tremendously. We live in a very small community in a rural area, and once she stopped working we haven't left the house. My biggest stress had been her leaving for work every day and eventually catching it. Unfortunately she got called back to work starting tomorrow so my stress will be thru the roof yet again.

Stay safe everyone. Especially you on the front lines.

Old406Kid

View attachment 232497
This is going to impact a lot of us who camp over summer (leech lake) or do september hunting.
At age 70, I look at all of the seemingly impossible hurdles that I have faced in my life and find this whole thing to be a minor inconvenience and a bump in the road in comparison.
My biggest fear is that alot of people are soon going to end up treating all of the necessary safety factors like a broken New Years resolution.
Stay strong everyone!!!

Last edited:

jamma

Stay chill everyone. My best guess is to wait 2-3 weeks and see how it's going then. Remember, social distancing is an experiment that's never been tried at this level and it's going to be some time before we can evaluate it's effectiveness. Cases appear to be dropping in China and Spain, so, at this moment, it appears to be working.

jamma

My concern is for small businesses and how many will be able to survive this lockdown. People who live hand to mouth supported by their labor of love are being devastated and a $1200 check isn't going to cover it. My heart goes out to them.

Old406Kid

My concern is for small businesses and how many will be able to survive this lockdown. People who live hand to mouth supported by their labor of love are being devastated and a $1200 check isn't going to cover it. My heart goes out to them.
I don't disagree and my heart goes out but I have to say that it's sad to see how many haven't even made an attempt to save for a rainy day especially after our last crisis 10 or so years ago.

Yard Sale

Huge Member
NYC is first. Wait till 10 or more big cities get rolling.

Btw my fuse is getting real short with some of you guys (not you @Old406Kid) that think the rules don't apply to you. I am going to spend 6 of the next 7 days in an N95 mask for 12 hours a day. If I need to close this thread and quarantine some I will...

Hang in there Billy. I'm sure the mental stress is brutal in your line of work.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
WFF Supporter
I worry about the businesses too. I contacted the woman who does my hair. She has her own salon with a partner and i worry about her having to pay her lease on the building. So i contacted her asking if i could buy gift cards for future appointments. She has it all set up online which made it easy. I bought four different products that i already have enough of (but will need later) and the gift card so i will be covered for the next 3 or 4 months with haircuts and supplies when hopefully she will be all back up and super busy.

Zak

This is an interesting projection. There's a pulldown menu to select individual states.

doublebluff

Go Beavs
The Iceland data are beginning to show the rate of asymptomatic SARS2 infections in a general population. It is still early and Iceland is unique in a lot of ways, but they did a lot of good early testing, too.

MD

WFF Supporter
Not sure if this has been shared already....but check it out...very informative and empowering

2020-04-01 06_57_56-Greenshot.png

Evidently rules prohibit viewing it on this forum but think about viewing it on Vimeo. It's a New York physician explaining how to protect yourself and family.

and it's back to work for me... don't touch your face.:)

Mike d

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts