Integrated Trout Spey line recommendations

cmann886

Steve Godshall built me an integrated line for my rod last year and I love it. Worth giving him a call.
For swinging slow and deep, he built me an intermediate that is really sweet. It is paired with a Rio 10’ tip and fantastic for swinging SMB early spring.

Steelhead ©

BECU Member
WFF Supporter
The new Rio trout Spey line is $$$. It’s like the skandi body but an integrated line. I have the 4 weight on my 4 weight trout Spey.

Telecaster2

The Commando Smooth, SA Spey Lite's, Rio's trout are really good and SA and Rio scandi's are great short scandi tapers for little spey/switch rods. I'm going to add the Wulff Ambush short. Have the 225 grain on a Meiser 10' 2 wt, Hydrogen 2 wt & an Echo SR 10' 6" 3 wt. and I love it. Check it out. Can't go wrong with any of these when the grains match your rod.

Jack Devlin

SA Spey Lite Scandi, Snowbee Switch, and my favorite, AirFlo Spey/Switch are lines that I have tried in the 210 to 250 grain range with short, light weight polyleaders but no heavy sink tips.
The Rio Single hand spey is a nice line albeit just a bit clunky.

Last edited:

prmike307

WFF Supporter
Not your exact rod but on my Loomis IMX Pro Short Spey 5wt, I've tried the Spey Lite 360gr. integrated (OK) but I found a discounted 360 gr. Airflo Skagit Scout head that I really like. Not a fan of the OPST Commando head on this rod.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts