Found! Catch of the day at Lake Lenice

Last Thursday, March 5, 2020 I land the longest catch ever. or should I say catches. I snag 2 fly rods. They must have in the lake quite a long time, maybe years. They were crusted over and the handles were starting deteriorate. If you can describe the rods in detail I will try to get them back to you. See picture
Picture1.jpg

Old406Kid

I think I caught your rod. Do you happened to know what type of reel that was on it? And I caught two rods, a miraculous double?
For future reference what were you fishing?
It sounds like it could be both rewarding and lucrative.

I lost a custom built 690 LL at a lake 150 miles NW of there and the waters aren't connected but stranger things have happened. :D
On the serious side, I'm still sick about it today.

For future reference what were you fishing?
It sounds like it could be both rewarding and lucrative.

I lost a custom built 690 LL at a lake 150 miles NW of there and the waters aren't connected but stranger things have happened. :D
On the serious side, I'm still sick about it today.
I was casting and stripping a leech pattern with full sinking line.

jwg

rods are good a leaping out of boats on that lake.
As far as I can recall, I was always able to recover mine.
Jay

Yardus Maximus

WFF Supporter
My buddy said he wasn't quite sure what reel was on it... It's been in the lake for a least 5+ years. Hard to know for sure as the memories all run together these days. Probably a Battenkill or basic sage reel on it. Most likely had an indicator, SW, Cromie and floating line on it. We were trolling around the Islands when he noticed his SP missing. Man he was broken up about it :mad:

I miss crawling out of the tube on to the big Island to get warm and sight fishing 20+ inch browns and bows cruising around. Not to mention the #8 Trips that would tear you up :cool:

My buddy said he wasn't quite sure what reel was on it... It's been in the lake for a least 5+ years. Hard to know for sure as the memories all run together these days. Probably a Battenkill or basic sage reel on it. Most likely had an indicator, SW, Cromie and floating line on it. We were trolling around the Islands when he noticed his SP missing. Man he was broken up about it :mad:

I miss crawling out of the tube on to the big Island to get warm and sight fishing 20+ inch browns and bows cruising around. Not to mention the #8 Trips that would tear you up :cool:
I'm asking because I brought the two rods home, cleaned them up as best I could and I'm not sure which reel went with which rod. Senior moment. Was it a Tibor Light or a Galvan? BTW I live in Renton, WA. Where do you guys hail from?

Yardus Maximus

WFF Supporter
Probably the Galvan, but It's hard to be sure at this point what reel was on it. My buddy lives in Des Moines and I live in Woodinville. I'm sure he would be willing to meet you at your convenience to have a look.

Last Thursday, March 5, 2020 I land the longest catch ever. or should I say catches. I snag 2 fly rods. They must have in the lake quite a long time, maybe years. They were crusted over and the handles were starting deteriorate. If you can describe the rods in detail I will try to get them back to you. See picture View attachment 229442
Wow. I was just looking at the site and came across your posting. I had the terrible experience of losing both of my rods 2 yrs ago. One was a Sage with a Tibor reel, can't remember if it was a 4 or 5 wt. The other was a Winston with a Galvin reel, again not sure if 4 or 5 wt. I was late paddling in (wife waiting!) and the Winston (which was hers!) slipped off my pontoon. When I tried to grab it, I knocked the Sage off. Obviously, life moves on, not sure my wife ever forgave me!

Yardus Maximus

WFF Supporter
If both rods were pulled up at the same time, They must be yours. Guess my buddy is still out of luck. Glad to see them go back the rightful owner!

Kind makes you wonder how many rods are down there. Who's got scuba gear and a dry suit?

Cheers!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts