Garden Thread 2020

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
what are the small almost dahlia like red flowers called ? you probably don't live 10/15 miles from me as the crow flies but your blooms are way ahead.More direct sun I suppose.
Those are Monarda 'Cambridge Scarlet'.
We have very good exposure, sun hits the garden before 6 am this time of year, and pretty much the rest of day till 8 or so in the evening.
When there's sun that is...

Meeshka

Bhudda,
I thought thos kale chips might have been deep fried but it looks like you toast them in the oven. What temp and for how long? They look great!

mr. bad example

Those are Monarda 'Cambridge Scarlet'.
We have very good exposure, sun hits the garden before 6 am this time of year, and pretty much the rest of day till 8 or so in the evening.
When there's sun that is...
thanks for that, they are striking and god knows the hummingbirds are tired of the crocosmia and peruvian lillies we have.

bhudda

heffe'
Bhudda,
I thought thos kale chips might have been deep fried but it looks like you toast them in the oven. What temp and for how long? They look great!
I’ll have to ask my wife but it’s oven baked at low temp for like 20 minutes or something...I’ll post the directions tomorrow.

bhudda

heffe'
KALE CHIP RECIPE
Light spray of Avo oil
Light sprinkle Himalayan salt
Toss in bowl
Layout on baking sheet with parchment paper
Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds
Sprinkle Pizza Toscano Cheese

Set oven to 300 degrees
Bake for 10min
Rotate pan and bake for another 15min.
A total of 25 min.
Take out of oven and let rest for as long as you can wait. This will ensure the last bit of crisping.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts