Bamboo Fling

DenWor54

Just a question for you guys are social gathering allowed at parks or lakes. I feel everybody nows how to stay six feet away from each other and watch our back cast. I think this is the first step before picking a place and if at a park there would be more opportunity to cast different rods.

Last edited:

Bonsai

Jerry
DenWor, parks work best because casting as many rods as you can is what it is all about. I would like to hold it at a park that has a grassy area to cast the rods, a lake (or other water) to fish and restrooms. Right now I am thinking Horseshoe Lake in Mason County, near Gig Harbor. The lake is small about 39 acres, with picnic areas, BBQ, ball field, restrooms. The ball field and picnic tables are first come, first served and do not require reservations. The ball fields could be the needed grassy area.

Last edited:

Bonsai

Jerry
Haven't had any comments for 2 weeks. How about June 20 or 27 at Horseshoe Lake In Kitsap County just north of Mason County line. The park is just a few miles north of Gig Harbor and just west of Burley off Hwy. 16. I am open to input, comments from you as to change of date or location.

para_adams

Jerry, the yearly get together has been something I really enjoy and look forward to, but I'm leaning toward skipping this year due to COVID risk. I know the risk is low being outdoors and with decent distancing caution, but I won't be comfortable for now.

Bowbonehead

Tom, is that the same Don Andersen who is a big proponent of using Gorilla Glue finishes? He seems like a very innovative rod maker and gives great detail for others to follow.
Just saw this thread and sorry that your event won't happen this year for obvious reasons ..... just wanted to let you know that the above Don Andersen lives and builds his rods in Southern Alberta in the little town Rocky Mountain House ..... here is a link to his site ...... As I watched the start of the video I thought Hey that water looks familar .... one of our Brown Trout spring creeks

Search Results
Web result with site links

Split-cane fly rods handmade by Don Andersen
www.bamboorods.ca

DenWor54

Jerry, sorry to here that this is not going to work out for everyone. I enjoyed the get together last year and was able to meet up with some friends from my years in the industry. If it works out in the fall that would be fun to get to cast some more of the rods that the members have acquired or built. Tight lines

et

Jerry, thank you for trying to organize the fling again this year. If it works out for sometime in the fall and you need someone to help you out, let me know. I'm also over in Kitsap.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info