Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bamboo Fling

Bamboo 
11K views 165 replies 26 participants last post by  Mike Monsos 
#1 ·
I haven't forgotten about the Annual Bamboo Fling. With so many of our parks closed due to the corona-virus, we obviously won't have it May. When things improve we will put it out there for discussion and rescheduling. In the meantime we can talk about possible locations. Some one asked about adding fiberglass to the mix. What do you all think? I know I have a few old fiberglass rods and a couple of new ones.

Jerry

#164 · (Edited)
I turned up with Treefrog to try out some rods. I'm more of a 'plastic' guy but some of the rods were a lot of fun to cast and of course it is always nice to meet some fellow anglers and learn about new things. The standout for me was the parabolic taper from Mike where the rod has an extra 'bump' just as you're finishing off the cast @~11 o'clock, it was an odd but cool feature. Also managed not to break Doug's hollow Winston and a couple of his beefier rods could, all throw a surprisingly long line. My thanks to those who organized it and to those shared their amazing arsenal of sticks, finally to Mark who knocked up some tasty tacos for lunch.

Dave

#165 ·
Did anyone come up missing a couple of folding tables after the fling? There were two left at the park and Kent picked them up.
I just got back from five days to an an out of the way place with minimal cell coverage. I confess that it was I who left (forgot) two 4' long gray plastic topped folding tables leaning against a tree at the park. I'd loaded all my rods into the truck and then got to yakking about fishing with Jerry and Bill. So that's my feeble excuse.
Thanks so much for alerting me about them, and please tell me where/when I can come and get them out of your way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.