Anglers West Bonking Wilds on the Queets

Steelhead

Gold Member
WFF Supporter
Any thoughts on Anglers West TV bonking wild Queets fish? Some of these were likely Salmon river hatchery fish but not all of them.

Don’t miss the bonus “throw a whitefish on the bank because they eat salmon eggs” clip @ 11:50

26F3C7D5-3329-49C4-A3D5-F536B7BABC63.jpeg

Last edited:

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
Just a reminder. The Quinault Indian Nation does NOT fin-clip their hatchery steelhead. Those could be true wild fish or they could be unclipped hatchery fish. My money would be on the later. If you saw the same picture/video from the Cowlitz with three fin-clipped fish, it would be business as usual. Yeah, it would be best if the tribe was required to fin-clip their fish, but WA state cannot force them as the tribe is a sovereign entity. So, you can get outraged but it won't make any difference, unless you want to boycott the TV show; that's your only real leverage.
Steve

Steelhead

Gold Member
WFF Supporter
Just a reminder. The Quinault Indian Nation does NOT fin-clip their hatchery steelhead. Those could be true wild fish or they could be unclipped hatchery fish. My money would be on the later. If you saw the same picture/video from the Cowlitz with three fin-clipped fish, it would be business as usual. Yeah, it would be best if the tribe was required to fin-clip their fish, but WA state cannot force them as the tribe is a sovereign entity. So, you can get outraged but it won't make any difference, unless you want to boycott the TV show; that's your only real leverage.
Steve
Watch the video. Not all of those 10 fish were hatchery.

GSIEGEL

It's been going on for years. Paying customers on both Qs seem to love and appreciate the opportunity.
Most of that run still comes Nov-Jan and guiding continues at least to the end of April.
They're not clipped, but most have clear dorsal deformity. Not that buck on the right...

Last edited:

JS

Also, they make these videos for two reasons; 1. Pump up their shitty brand 2. To troll people who think we shouldn’t kill wild steelhead (myself included). Don’t get triggered if you can help it, lol.

GOTY

7x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
They should change the name of the show to Pro Cure West as much as they pimp products on there for their store.
The show sucks in my opinion with a zero personality host.
SF
His forced voice inflections and speech cadence are hilariously awkward.

Do wild steelhead taste better than hatchery? Do these guys make Adipose fin soup?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts