Winston IM6 8’ 6” 5 weight

David Loy

Senior Moment
I’ve already posted my line suggestions. Since we’re talking about his WT 586, I’ll add some group thoughts from the old Winston forum. These guys lived Winston and jabberred endless about the various offerings. But every year they’d have a poll, voting on their favorite Winston, and this rod won at least half of the time, out of all Winstons made. Another tidbit (and I wouldn’t know this for sure) but some guys related that Tom spent an inordinate amount of time perfecting this particular blank. There’s probably no way to prove that today, but I know it’s a special rod. I remember too that some claimed it was the finest graphite rod ever made. Bold talk, but since I owned one, I was in agreement ;-).
Enjoy it.

creekx

spent spinner
I’ve already posted my line suggestions. Since we’re talking about his WT 586, I’ll add some group thoughts from the old Winston forum. These guys lived Winston and jabberred endless about the various offerings. But every year they’d have a poll, voting on their favorite Winston, and this rod won at least half of the time, out of all Winstons made. Another tidbit (and I wouldn’t know this for sure) but some guys related that Tom spent an inordinate amount of time perfecting this particular blank. There’s probably no way to prove that today, but I know it’s a special rod. I remember too that some claimed it was the finest graphite rod ever made. Bold talk, but since I owned one, I was in agreement ;-).
Enjoy it.
I was one of those on the old forum...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts