NFR Wa Shut Down

mtskibum16

Thanks @b_illymac for the wise word of caution along with your hard work in these trying times. I was just yesterday trying to convince myself that a solo drive to go mountain biking wouldn't hurt anyone. Comments like yours and statements from the local hiking and mountain biking alliances got me straightened out. I'll work on some bike handling in the yard and take some walks around the neighborhood. Even if the risk is small, driving or traveling anywhere adds risk to our already taxed healthcare system and everyone should be doing their part to limit it.

Thanks @dustinchromers for your hilarious grocery experience. I had a little of that panic the last time I had to go to the grocery store. Some woman was chatting with another while trying to place her things in my cart (not looking and thinking it was hers). My repeated warnings of "wrong cart! wrong cart!" went unnoticed as I tried to backpedal from her path. Screaming internally "SIX FEET GET AWAY FROM MY SHIT WOMAN!" I'm sure the mild panic and displeasure on my face was apparent when she finally looked up. My how a couple weeks have changed my perceptions.

Stay healthy everyone!

Last edited:

GeorgeV

WFF Supporter
Loophole or no loophole, I'm staying put and being an obedient citizen. For one, I just welcomed my first child into the world last Friday so my leash is extra short regardless of the pandemic situation.

I do however think as many have pointed out that it feels a little backwards that It's totally OK to drive to the pot shop or Starbucks but illegal for me to walk or drive a quarter mile from my house to fish my local SRC beach where anybody within 30 feet of me is likely to catch a sloppy tailing loop in the face.

Call me selfish but cabin fever is real and those of us living in cramped urban dwellings with no gardens or wood shops to occupy our idle hands are starting to get stir crazy. Most Seattle workers have been working from home for a month now. If this goes on much longer, we are going to have a mental health crisis on our hands.

Stay safe folks and be sure to keep a sense of humor through all of this.
will the people with mental health issues infect 3 more people or is crazy now infectious? I'll get my aluminum hat!!!

Rob Allen

All I'm gonna say is that this is a once in a life time thing.. our governors cannot do this every time the think there is an emergency.
This is there one shot, the next virus 5 years down the road? Hell no..

Lakota

All I'm gonna say is that this is a once in a life time thing.. our governors cannot do this every time the think there is an emergency.
This is there one shot, the next virus 5 years down the road? Hell no..
I read an article today saying scientists are thinking this will become a seasonal outbreak like the flu. Was this our last winter steelhead season?

Peyton00

The governor just gave an update to maintain social distancing.
A few things he said were to get outside, and go for drives, don't drive across the state, keep it local.

Maintain social distancing.

Googaplex

Zzzzzzzz....
I read an article today saying scientists are thinking this will become a seasonal outbreak like the flu. Was this our last winter steelhead season?
That could happen but the hope is that an effective vaccine will be developed in the next 18 months. Then the vulnerable members of the population could vaccinate to minimize risk and those with less risk could choose not to, much like the Flu is treated now. Until then it is going to be a challenge to balance Public Health concerns against Economic pressures.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Everybody views this differently. Should I stay or should I go. When somebody doesn't have it they feel trapped in their houses. I'm still clean but I don't feel like I'm trapped at home. I just don't feel like getting out. Call me lazy. I haven't even got my fishing license yet. It isn't snowing out but the wind is cold. If it were warmer I would probably be out and about.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
They all make it sound that if you get in your car to go fishing that you will probably get into a wreck with no body to help you. The mentality of some people is stupid. I went to the store this morning. I was out of Dixie cups of Ice Cream. Needed some paper towels also. So why I was there I also picked up a candy bar and some Suzy Q's. I made it home safe.
Ha, ice cream, candy bars and Suzy q’s. I knew there had to be some secret to your longevity.

I assume they were out of whiskey and heroin :)?

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Ha, ice cream, candy bars and Suzy q’s. I knew there had to be some secret to your longevity.

I assume they were out of whiskey and heroin :)?
I haven't had a stiff drink since last year some time ago. I don't do drugs. I have what passes for a a fifth of Jim Bean, and the same for a fifth of vodka. I have a pint of Yukon Jack, but I have never drank any of it.

Jake

WFF Supporter
On a more personal front than my post above, it is not about each of us but what impact we have on others. NYC is in a crisis. It is THE hot spot in the nation. What is occurring there is only a week or two on what could happen here or in CA. Listening to Gov. Cuomo is flat out scary! More reality than fiction? Only time will tell...

What I consider is that we are one of the hot spots. The governor has taken action to prevent a NYC catastrophe (hopefully). There is a lot of discussion about a 'two week window'. What we see today is two weeks old. Acting now is two weeks late.

For those WFF individuals taking a very preemptive approach and implementing/supporting necessary actions to this pandemic, I applaud you! You know who you are...

I have been quarantined from my family for 2 weeks now. My choice... I have multiple health issues and there were some concerns about COVID. So far the concerns were alleviated. When I see a temp rise or have a cough, I think the worse. BTW does not help my high blood pressure (LOL).

My daughter and her boyfriend just recently were hired by hospitals to work in labs - they just graduated from college with degrees so that they could work in lab environment.

I can tell you that living in quarantine is NO fun! Texts suck! Lunches/Dinners 'food on the landing' is getting old. I got resupplied with some booze and found there are NO ice cube trays in the house. WTF!
Do you have any fly boxes with compartments? They look a lot like ice cube trays to me...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info