NFR Wa Shut Down

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Well when I do get back to work, I'll be considered an "essential" worker and get a letter stating so. My coworkers and the vendors in the store have them already. Friends who work at Costco and stores too.

I'm not sure a liquor store like mine should be, but it's all decided above my pay grade! I think WA is generally better off than other states and wish things would be handled better and consistently on the national level. It will get worse before it gets better unfortunately, but I hope WA is on the far side and has flattened the curve a bit. It won't get back to real normal until a vaccine is available and testing is available for anyone who needs it. Real numbers are necessary to make sure we are on the right track! This isn't the flu!

For the near future, if you're sick and have signs of being sick, you'll have to isolate yourself or risk infecting others who are close to you or anyone you come too close too. I'm trying to distance myself from the news for now, except of a bit in the morning and a bit in the evening. It's on all day and the media doesn't know the meaning of "breaking news".. it isn't all breaking news..

Mental health is as important as being healthy physically! Instead of texting call a friend, or someone you haven't in a while. It's been helping me and helps the people I reach out too. Both on this site and other places too!

surfnfish

Our daughter, a physical therapist and single mom, was just notified yesterday along with the rest of the medical staff at the Spokane SNF she works at they will begin to discharge and transfer patients with the intention of closing the SNF by June1.
Why? Because they are not equipped to care for their frail patient base once the virus get established in their facility, and they have little doubt that some point it will.

Now 8 billion people on this rapidly shrinking rock, most living in horrendously over crowded conditions, hotbeds for virus's spreading and mutating.

Now mix in 4 billion passengers that flew last year, tens of millions from country to country, continent to continent, in just a matter of hours, bringing the latest virus or mutation with them, as there are no more barriers of time and geography to viral infections.
Anyone thinking Covid19 is a one time deal just isn't paying attention.

The only way to defend ourselves from these repeating viral onslaughts is by turning from defense to offense, which requires investing whatever $ it takes to develop new gene therapy vaccines that will innoculate us from the entire family of Coronvirus variations, not just the latest iteration. We have the brilliant minds available to do this, we just need to open up the check book.
Mkae it happen at warp speed? A trillion $ of our tax dollars to the first company that develops and produces a fully tested vaccine that eats Cornovirus, instead of it eating us. Cheap at the price.

Reactions: JS

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
revolt? c'mon man. You have no idea what you're talking about. This isn't "just like the flu", nor is just a hoax. You can't just "pray it away"...Like I said before, this thing is just getting going. People SHOULD be doing anything and everything within their power to rein it in. Staying away from other people is the best way of doing that. People won't do that unless virtually ordered to.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
View attachment 231377
View attachment 231378
A bat and a pangolin brought us to our knees.
I thought I read somewhere that the Pangolins were off the hook on this, and that the thinking now was the closest match for the virus was bats.

I mean, the Pangolins already have it sorta rough as it is, looking like it does, and acting like a cross between a sloth and an armadillo.

Most everyone has seen a bat and knows how they're damn near Dracula already, and suck blood and all that shit, and those that haven't seen a bat at least have seen a horror movie.
So, I gotta hunch, very much so, that it was bats.

Old406Kid

I thought I read somewhere that the Pangolins were off the hook on this, and that the thinking now was the closest match for the virus was bats.

I mean, the Pangolins already have it sorta rough as it is, looking like it does, and acting like a cross between a sloth and an armadillo.

Most everyone has seen a bat and knows how they're damn near Dracula already, and suck blood and all that shit, and those that haven't seen a bat at least have seen a horror movie.
So, I gotta hunch, very much so, that it was bats.
A rather lengthy article but I found it interesting.

Thrasybulus

I practice social distancing
The key pangolin contribution to SARS-Cov-2 is the viral spike protein that has unusually tight binding to human ACE-2 receptor. Multiple species brewed up this nasty virus. Humans foolishly combine them in filthy conditions at "wet markets" that allow cross species viral recombination. These wet markets are like open air cold war bioweapons laboratories.

csm_COVID-19_Sino_0488956a00.jpg

Rob Allen

revolt? c'mon man. You have no idea what you're talking about. This isn't "just like the flu", nor is just a hoax. You can't just "pray it away"...Like I said before, this thing is just getting going. People SHOULD be doing anything and everything within their power to rein it in. Staying away from other people is the best way of doing that. People won't do that unless virtually ordered to.

I reject the notion that the government has any authority to make this the new normal and I'll leave it at that.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info