NFR Wa Shut Down

Peyton00

That’s how i took it for sure. Meaning i didn’t think Peyton was dissing me.

I’m not trying to make trouble here. The reason i ask about the driving is because i earlier told my nephew that he should take his Cheeto kiddos for a nice little drive to give them a change of pace when they get bored.

I later told him he better not after all. (Besides he did have a breakdown in his truck the day before the Stay at Home issue by the governor.) Maybe Inslee had another address that Peyton is talking about because the link i posted says it’s the full transcript. View attachment 231443
The speech from the other nite. Where he is standing at the podium with the man next to him doing ASL.

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
The idea of avoiding contact is sound.

Going out for exercise in non-congested areas, either individually or as a household is good too.

But I don't understand closing outdoor recreation (fishing). An advisory to practice it using social distancing practices would do methinks.

One thing that baffles me is keeping the pot shops open as "essential businesses." Remember these shops only take cash, . . . , dirty, dirty cash! I don't have numbers but suspect the number of pot shop patrons exceeds the numbers who'd be out with their rod and reel getting fresh air and sunshine.
In Nevada, pot shops have home deliveries now.
I'm here to tell y'all that in all my born days did I ever think that this would happen!
I said, I said, I said never.
There was a time when this would have been a dream come true for me and I suspect a lot of others on this forum. Those days are long gone now for me. It still cracks me up that it's a reality now. :)

Last edited:

dustinchromers

"is fishing the Washington sportsman's Ruby Ridge? I'm Dustin Chromers on assignment for Tip Of The Spear. Tune in tonight as we explore the issues. The science, the needs of the people, the government noose. Who's essential, who's expendable, what are acceptable losses?"

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
WFF Supporter
The speech from the other nite. Where he is standing at the podium with the man next to him doing ASL.
Cut and pasted from March 26 speech:
“Jay Inslee: (02:20)
Anxiety in our state is understandably high right now, but I do want to reiterate, we may be hunkered down, but we are not locked down. You can leave your house for a walk, you can go for a drive, you can do things essential to your livelihood for these essential industries. We do want you to limit those activities in ways that make common sense, however, and it’s probably not a good time to be driving across the state of Washington, it’s time to hunker down closer in our neighborhoods.“

Peyton, i see it now. This address, ( which i did not see as i had the TV off for most of the day, needing a break) was after his Stay at Home order. And certainly my nephew with his truck and the bad battery should not be out there. So i do hope folks practice common sense in relation to the condition of their vehicles. As it was, my nephew said four different people offered to help him (probably because he had his little red haired boy with him) and one finally towed him. This was before the Stay at Home order. (He had been trying to go to the dump because he had been working in the yard.)

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I assume weed shops are open because there are actual medicinal uses for it. Until CVS starts filling those prescriptions, I think their is a valid reason for those to be deemed “essential”.

Last edited:

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
Irrelevant. NEITHER of them is essential. You are just making another "excuse" why one thing is ok compared to another. Scientifically that is inaccurate and not factual.
I didn't make my statements based on facts. The jest of your argument is if people want to support small businesses during this time you should be able to go fishing? I disagree based on ethics and morals, not facts Steve.

Although factually open public lands (hiking, bouldering, dirt bike racing, fishing, etc) do lead to more ER visits so I could argue on facts as well...and I could bring up crowded fishing conditions like Quincy Lake on the opener or Potholes boat ramps during the spring as places Corona could spread...but I didn't

Last edited:

Steve Birrer

I didn't make my statements based on facts. The jest of your argument is if people want to support small businesses during this time you should be able to go fishing? I disagree based on ethics and morals, not facts Steve.
No the jist of my argument is that every thing we do has risk. Some things have more risk than others. But to chastise someone for going fishing yet think its ok to go to get take out is hypocritical. Neither of those things is essential to being able to survive this outbreak.

Certainly ordering take out IS helping a small business in tough times. But its simply not essential. How is that any different from getting a tank of gas from our local c store? How is that any different than ordering a couple of leaders and some flies from your local shop (ours has curbside pickup now)? Those things also support a small business in tough times.

The point I have stated several times and I will try once more. NONE of these things are essential. So you think its more ethical and moral to support Joes BBQ by getting takeout than Fred's C store and Jimmy's Fly shop then fine. Just be honest enough to admit that you are rationalizing your viewpoint to justify one vs the other. Admit that none of those things are really essential.

Northern

It's all good.
WFF Supporter
We govern for the stupid and after witnessing last weekends antics I solemnly concede it's necessary. Morons need interpretive signs and a handrail. Hell some practically demand it through their actions.
This.
Last weekend, before the official stay at home order, I (with proper social distancing) fished a number of Puget Sound beaches which normally have only a handful, if any, people on them. There were literal crowds of families and sportsmen, some obviously not household groups, gathering to chat in the parking lot, etc. The crowds at Rattlesnake on a weekday were also jaw dropping, as viewed from my single kayak. Shocking, but not surprising for a Puget Sound population whose kids were home and for whom normal indoor, outside-the-home activities had already been limited.
For those of you blaming "citiots" for that and smugly believing you would not see the same in E WA if the gov had not shut down trailheads and fishing, I refer you to the Mar 1st opening day posts of crowds and "nice to have met you's" at popular lakes and the pics of parking lots full of trailers. (Before E WA was much affected, and all very well in normal times!) Now that the whole state is SAH, if open, every day would look like that. If they closed only the popular places, you would soon find your usual "secret" lakes inundated.
It would be great if we could rely on everyone to behave responsibly, but we can't, period. That's why government and religions exist.
Please think bigger than yourself, if just for the duration of this crisis; be responsible, be kind, be safe.

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
No the jist of my argument is that every thing we do has risk. Some things have more risk than others. But to chastise someone for going fishing yet think its ok to go to get take out is hypocritical. Neither of those things is essential to being able to survive this outbreak.

Certainly ordering take out IS helping a small business in tough times. But its simply not essential. How is that any different from getting a tank of gas from our local c store? How is that any different than ordering a couple of leaders and some flies from your local shop (ours has curbside pickup now)? Those things also support a small business in tough times.

The point I have stated several times and I will try once more. NONE of these things are essential. So you think its more ethical and moral to support Joes BBQ by getting takeout than Fred's C store and Jimmy's Fly shop then fine. Just be honest enough to admit that you are rationalizing your viewpoint to justify one vs the other. Admit that none of those things are really essential.
Would you support tighter restriction as a whole? I didn't think so. People want to complain at this time and I get that. But it's not about YOU going fishing. Help others. This is where we need to be as a country to get through what is about to happen...

Steve Birrer

Would you support tighter restriction as a whole? I didn't think so. People want to complain at this time and I get that. But it's not about YOU going fishing. Help others. This is where we need to be as a country to get through what is about to happen...
Good grief again the point goes way over your head. I give up.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts