NFR Wa Shut Down

East Coaster

It is very simple math, the IQ number may go up or down but the number above or below the average will be equal, mathematics are fact not opinion. I did't fail anything in 5th grade, I received good grades because my perception of the obvious was outstanding. Get out the dictionary, look up average, in my Webster's it is explained very simply as "the value that represents the point at which there are as many instances above as there are below." I could have said 1/2 the population is above average and been correct also.
George, here's a simple way to see that this isn't correct. Four people. One weighs 250 lb, the other 3 each weigh 150 lbs. The average weight of those four people is 175 lbs. 3 of the 4 are below the average weight, 1 of the 4 is above.

KerryS

Ignored Member
WFF Supporter
George, here's a simple way to see that this isn't correct. Four people. One weighs 250 lb, the other 3 each weigh 150 lbs. The average weight of those four people is 175 lbs. 3 of the 4 are below the average weight, 1 of the 4 is above.
I would assume if someone says one half of the population they are talking about one half of the entire population not one half of a segment of the population but I see your point.

edit: I will add that after I made this post I see what is wrong. But, I’ll leave it to show I’m not as good at math as I think I am.

Last edited:

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
It would be so refreshing to see something like “yeah, you’re probably right” or “had not thought of that”, maybe “ah, that makes sense” on occasion in these threads. Seems like everyone of these Coronavirus threads heads off into dysfunctional family Thanksgiving dinner land within a page or two.
It's like trying to win a political argument on Facebook.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Might never win political arguments on the internet but I still think you gotta try.
I'm starting to think you might be my brother from another mother!! And I'm usually right! :cool: Wait, I was almost wrong, I am right!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
The shutdown isn’t keeping the fucking scumbags from getting out and ruining things for others.
SF

Robert Engleheart

Robert
WFF Supporter
Sister-in-Law lives next to the Mt.Si trailhead which was closed some time back, people still using it and parking despite signage saying not to. This past weekend they started towing cars. WTF is wrong with people?

MD

WFF Supporter
The shutdown isn’t keeping the fucking scumbags from getting out and ruining things for others.
SF

In my area we’ve seen:
-an increase in assaults and people willing to fight with officers
-some of our people with mental illness are out in the community doing more crazier stuff than usual, including a few who were sent home from the hospital, told to self quarantine, are not and instead they're out causing problems
- a near triple increase in firearm sales
- semi career criminals who know they will not be booked into jail who are continuing to do their thing
-and extremely limited jail booking restrictions

That said, things are still pretty quiet....until they’re not;)

For those who get to stay home....enjoy the hell out of it! I’m jealous;)

Mike d

Last edited:

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Over the weekend heard of a customer at a Maple Valley shopping hotspot blabbing to others about awaiting their test result for Covid...later informing others that the test came back positive.
Idiocracy.
That's just not smart on that guys part! What a moron! I hope you weren't too close to him/her!

Joe H

The story was told to me (from a reliable source). Had I been there in person I'm certain I wouldn't have been too cool with it.

I'm haven't been going out much at all but did have to finally go to the grocery store and post office this morning. PO went smooth and the store seemed as clean, well stocked and harmless as could be expected, given our current situation. All good except for a few self centered assholes out there driving like there are no more road rules.
More Idiocracy.

Jake

WFF Supporter
The story was told to me (from a reliable source). Had I been there in person I'm certain I wouldn't have been too cool with it.

I'm haven't been going out much at all but did have to finally go to the grocery store and post office this morning. PO went smooth and the store seemed as clean, well stocked and harmless as could be expected, given our current situation. All good except for a few self centered assholes out there driving like there are no more road rules.
More Idiocracy.
Not just the people you have to watch out for. Also pit bulls.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info