Social Distancing Fishing Trip...Sort of

herkileez

WFF Supporter
I got out to a semi-remote local lake last week, while, of course, maintaining proper social distancing procedures. It was a beautiful day, but it, and the water, was still quite cold. There was no insect activity and no fish showing..even on the fishfinder. I tried the whole arsenal: leeches, nymphs, emergers, chronos, etc, with no success. I compared notes (from a good distance) with 4-5 other fishers, all of us with the same result and agreeing that the bite was off, and there was no point trying..as the fish were practising “social distancing” of their own........all except my buddy “RobtheA**-h*le”, who landed seven..... :rolleyes:

Jim Darden

I got out to a semi-remote local lake last week, while, of course, maintaining proper social distancing procedures. It was a beautiful day, but it, and the water, was still quite cold. There was no insect activity and no fish showing..even on the fishfinder. I tried the whole arsenal: leeches, nymphs, emergers, chronos, etc, with no success. I compared notes (from a good distance) with 4-5 other fishers, all of us with the same result and agreeing that the bite was off, and there was no point trying..as the fish were practising “social distancing” of their own........all except my buddy “RobtheA**-h*le”, who landed seven..... :rolleyes:
Frankly, I would consider changing fishing partners, or cut his line. He obviously doesn't have any social etiquette or recognize the importance of "social distancing" from the fish...

herkileez

WFF Supporter
Frankly, I would consider changing fishing partners, or cut his line. He obviously doesn't have any social etiquette or recognize the importance of "social distancing" from the fish...
Ha !!.... :D All of us that know him are, quite honestly, used to it. He always seems to be able to make fish happen....river/lake/beach, it doesn't matter. He's also my best fishing and rod building buddy.
I've learned a lot from him....(but he might be holding something back......:rolleyes:)

Jim Darden

Ha !!.... :D All of us that know him are, quite honestly, used to it. He always seems to be able to make fish happen....river/lake/beach, it doesn't matter. He's also my best fishing and rod building buddy.
I've learned a lot from him....(but he might be holding something back......:rolleyes:)
hope he's not the one recommending what fly you should use.......;)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info