Fishing-Related Time Killers

Mike22

Aside from tying flies, how are y'all using your free time?

I'm planning on patching waders, cleaning fly lines, sharpening hooks, and cleaning/lubing reels.

What's on your list?

Last edited:

Jim Travers

Probably headed down the waters edge for some dry casts. Just THINKIN of the rod! Thinkin of the line. PULLIN in a BEHEMOTH. Really embracing the physical STRENGTH aspect of a dramatic catch despite the lack of rod or line.

Probably at a local city park

jfilip85

Probably headed down the waters edge for some dry casts. Just THINKIN of the rod! Thinkin of the line. PULLIN in a BEHEMOTH. Really embracing the physical STRENGTH aspect of a dramatic catch despite the lack of rod or line.

Imagining the guy in your avatar doing just that is an enjoyable way to start the day.

Chic Worthing

WFF Supporter
Main emphasis has been tying fly's, also am refinishing some gun stocks. building another gun stock. We are planning on remodeling our kitchen but that is on hold until this virus is not an issue and have been moving stuff out of the kitchen to the daylight basement.

Speaking of the remodel, current plan is to stay at home during the remodel. Has anyone had any experience they would share as far as living with the mess?

Phil Fravel

Friendly
Im gona work on getting my wife to cast better. She is fine for 5wt in fresh water but has been having a hard time with the double haul 6wt in the salt.

Reactions: NRC

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
WFF Supporter
Main emphasis has been tying fly's, also am refinishing some gun stocks. building another gun stock. We are planning on remodeling our kitchen but that is on hold until this virus is not an issue and have been moving stuff out of the kitchen to the daylight basement.

Speaking of the remodel, current plan is to stay at home during the remodel. Has anyone had any experience they would share as far as living with the mess?
Invest in compostable plates, bowls and silverware. Saved us a lot of hauling dishes to the bath tub. We also used or camping kitchen organizer, which helped a lot. We were able to put our camp stove on their next to an open window, as well as our microwave.

gt

have done 2 kitchen remodels. one for my daughter in Pittsburgh and the other our home kitchen. both times i thought through the entire process and made up a timeline of what had to be accomplished each day. the home kitchen which was a total blow out and redo, including cabinet work, 12 full days of non stop energy. this is so disruptive to living i knew i had to get it done as quickly as a quality job would allow. all the best as you face off with a big task.

Guy Gregory

Refinish and install some molding, work a bit, tie flies, stare at the boat I bought recently, rake the yard, train the dog, wash some cars, smoke some butt and brisket and salmon, make some sausage and corned goose, make some goostrami, read, read, read, cook and clean the house so my wife doesn't have to after shifts at her healthcare related job, cry about the stock market and my 401K, practice my golf swing, try and make spey casts on the lawn, spend too much time on WFF, cancel my Facebook account so I don't have to read about how this is all Obama's fault, you know, the usual.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter

What part of staying home do you not understand?? But this is only in Washington State so far.

MGTom

I've got all the windows clean, did the carpets and bathroom, turned over a dozen raised beds for planting, cleaned the cars inside and out, changed the fluids and adjusted the valves in the MG, tied two boxes of flies, and set up all my classes online for next quarter. By the time this is over all I'll have left to do is FISH, when they let us. I don't like it, but I can do it, it is only temporary. I just hope I don't drive my wife crazy and she does me in before this is over.

Peyton00

Cleaned up my boat.
Organized my fishing/outdoor gear room.
Pulled out my bass flies and 7wt rod for a fishing trip this Saturday the 27th.
Pics to follow if the fish cooperate.

Disclaimer for internet cops:
Its a private lake and local to my area.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I'm at my peak now. I ain't doing a goddamn thing. Just really lazy. Went to the store this morning. It was crowded. No TP though. Got what was necessary, a half gallon 2% milk, some dog biscuits and 8 bottles of protein shakes. Whatever kind of diet that I'm on, well it's working.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts