Old Videos

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I used to want to make a re-make of that video. Step one: have exclusive access to prime pools on the Babine River. Step two: fish first water daily, catching trophy steelhead. Step three: reveal to the world of dimwitted steelheaders that the key to catching trophy steelhead is to have a river full of trophy steelhead all to yourself, thereby ruining the mystery of catching trophy steelhead.

vader

I wonder if that is how it was back when he was making the video. Boy to be able to go back to that time or earlier but with the gear of today

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I wonder if that is how it was back when he was making the video. Boy to be able to go back to that time or earlier but with the gear of today
You say that like there is some sort of handicap using a 10' Sage graphite rod (not sure what series that was; I think it preceded the RPL) and a Sage 509 reel. I suppose the real handicap was the non-breathable neoprene waders.

GSIEGEL

I was cleaning out a closet and came across the Wally Walker video "Catching Trophy Steelhead".
Ok- I had to look at this a couple times to figure out the small forward from the late 70s/early 80s Sonics had not also made steelhead videos.

vader

Thanks for the video. Cool to watch. Back when I was first starting and before internet, we would get these videos. I believe Gary made some also.

BDD

Watched that video (along with most of the 3M steelhead videos) several times over the years; enough to go buy several of his books. BTW the fly angler in the 3M videos is Lani Waller. As mentioned Wally Walker was a Sonic. Lani may or may not have used a fly called the Waller Walker or the Waller Waker...I'm not sure which as I've heard it referred to by both names. In Rio's Spey fishing videos, Jim Vincent mistakenly refers to the fly as the Wally Walker, then mostly corrects himself and calls it the correct name. I guess I see why there might be some confusion.

Buzzy

I worked a couple of weeks off and on at The Blue Dun when Bill and Darc would team up for world travel. They had Lani Waller's mega steelhead video always queued up. Wonder how many times I watched it just dreamin'.

BDD

I worked a couple of weeks off and on at The Blue Dun when Bill and Darc would team up for world travel. They had Lani Waller's mega steelhead video always queued up. Wonder how many times I watched it just dreamin'.
The Worley Bugger Fly Shop had a bunch of those videos when I was working there. However, the internet was really taking off at the time so nobody ever checked them out. But I did regularly, and watched them over and over and over.

Pescaphile

I remember watching a couple of those LW videos in the 90s.

I remember seeing a steelhead roll behind LW in one of the videos while he was talking to the camera and thinking "Well, it looks like he's get step one covered."

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
I've always wanted to watch them. I do not know where I can get them though. Are they online anywhere?

Go Sox,
cds

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Don't forget the Tony Sharp vidoe of targeting spawning Steelhead on the Sol Due. I can't remember the video series.

Reactions: JS

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts