The "stay at home" photo thread!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Shredder work continues.
Went for a walk.
Woodpecker hammering someone chimney.
Nice view looking towards the Olympics.
Lots of folks out walking and biking.
I’ve been getting nice whiffs of some fine herbs being consumed everyday while out on my walks. ;)
SF

4DAC42AA-415C-4350-8017-F626C72986AC.jpeg 5308E50D-9B25-4491-B838-D667970C60EA.jpeg 27D0088C-A177-4522-B74A-EEA2DAAA9EC9.jpeg

bakerite

Went out a door That gets used about twice a year, looked down and thought someone had dropped some stickers or heaven forbid neon salmon eggs. Nope instead it’s fungi! 3D2A3269-8283-49BA-B4CB-17C969DBF46C.jpeg
They are growing on a stick stuck in the lawn and brightened my day

Great photos, guys, the stay at home has been beneficial in a way for many, I see.

You all know that Italy started its national, and almost "total", "lockdown" 3 weeks ago. Due to the nature of my work (I'm an I.T. administrator), I'm still allowed to go to the office once or twice a week just to make sure nobody's lost his/her connection to the Internet, among other things.

I'll spare y'all the stories of long lines at the supermarket, kids going berserk at home (they're not allowed to play outside except for private gardens, apartment balconies and/or rooftops, which is a real form of torture for both kids and parents/care-givers), etc., etc.

Anyhow, here are some quick snaps from today, both from home and the office (my "stay at home" takes in the office, so I'm allowed :) ). The pics would be way better if I could walk about to take them, but that's a no-no for now.

Usually busy streets, with the Claudian aqueduct (52-54 BC) in the background

A bus, a taxi, a tram. Public transport still runs. Otherwise, almost nada.

Usually full of tourists, one of the arteries to St. Peter's Square and Basilica

Looking the other way, a Police patrol car enforcing the lockdown. The mausoleum of the Emperor Hadrian is in the left background

The deserted streets of Rome, if you can make them out, sorry!

Keep safe all,
Kenneth

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Great photos, guys, the stay at home has been beneficial in a way for many, I see.

You all know that Italy started its national, and almost "total", "lockdown" 3 weeks ago. Due to the nature of my work (I'm an I.T. administrator), I'm still allowed to go to the office once or twice a week just to make sure nobody's lost his/her connection to the Internet, among other things.

I'll spare y'all the stories of long lines at the supermarket, kids going berserk at home (they're not allowed to play outside except for private gardens, apartment balconies and/or rooftops, which is a real form of torture for both kids and parents/care-givers), etc., etc.

Anyhow, here are some quick snaps from today, both from home and the office (my "stay at home" takes in the office, so I'm allowed :) ). The pics would be way better if I could walk about to take them, but that's a no-no for now.

Usually busy streets, with the Claudian aqueduct (52-54 BC) in the background

A bus, a taxi, a tram. Public transport still runs. Otherwise, almost nada.

Usually full of tourists, one of the arteries to St. Peter's Square and Basilica

Looking the other way, a Police patrol car enforcing the lockdown. The mausoleum of the Emperor Hadrian is in the left background

The deserted streets of Rome, if you can make them out, sorry!

Keep safe all,
Kenneth
You stay safe! I feel for you and Italy as a country! Spain is a close second! We (the USA) are on pace to get up to Italy's numbers, if we can't flatten the curve! Scary! Thanks for posting, but please be safe!

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
WFF Supporter
I'm might tidy up my garage a bit today. More so just re-organizing my fishing stuff.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts