Which Classic Gear Photo for "March 2021" (calendar)

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
WFF Supporter
My favorite is the top photo because it is the least typical. As such it shows a desire to be a bit more creative while maintaining a classic look, good composition, lighting, exposure, etc. I'm pretty sure we've all seen the wicker creel, necks and line treatment container props used many more than a few times.

That said, they are all really nice.

splitcane

All good. I've seen the neck hackle version a bunch of times. The first two are kinda plain. The Line Tonic really adds something a little different.

para_adams

All good. I've seen the neck hackle version a bunch of times. The first two are kinda plain. The Line Tonic really adds something a little different.
I realized after editing the photos that the Line Tonic tin has the perfect colors for the image - red (matches the wraps), tan (matches the creel) and black (matches the darkest areas. I wish it had been intentional, LOL! Maybe subconsciously...

Freestone

WFF Supporter
I like the first one, both the composition and the lighting.

My second favorite is the bottom one, but is seems a bit drab compared to the vibrancy of the first one (although if it were subtly enhanced in Photoshop, it could tie for my favorite).

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Red agate model 15A JW Youngs, and FE Thomas with lots of intermediates are the cats meow Ron...

I vote to put all of 'em in!!!:D

para_adams

I like the first one, both the composition and the lighting.

My second favorite is the bottom one, but is seems a bit drab compared to the vibrancy of the first one (although if it were subtly enhanced in Photoshop, it could tie for my favorite).
Hmmm, let me work on that. See what you think about this version...

1922 FE Thomas Special-2.jpg

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts