The Swiss Special

BDD

With everything going on and a government quarantine in place and fishing currently closed here in Washington State, I have had a little extra free time, so I spent the afternoon playing with our new boat bag from JPW. Attached are four pictures of the bag and its contents: The Freestone Breakdown with rod holders, a powder coated frame, K-Pump 50, straps, oar locks, and 6.5-foot Cataract Kickboat oars…everything fits inside the bag for easy transport. Since my friend Harry from Switzerland came up with the idea and worked with JPW to get the bag dimensions and design, I am calling the entire package after him: The Swiss Special. I have a few places in mind to use this package when the travel restrictions are lifted.

Remember, everything is made in the USA, handcrafted by people skilled in their respective expertise. I didn't weigh this bag but from past experience, it will be in the 50 pound range, the boat is 9 feet long and 4 feet wide. I didn't take the bag dimensions but it is very compact. From inside the bag, you can see the rowing frame. I didn't even bother to break it down in half as it fits in the bag together with the seat bolted on.

Stay safe out there.

Attachments

Last edited:

JohnB

I've got a couple specific places where I'd really like to take one of those. What a cool little boat and bag.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
What is the price on these? That looks like a perfect option for me! I want to get a Watermaster or that type, but love the frame on this and how small it is!

sportsman

That is one fine looking fishing platform! Not calling anyone out, but I've owned a ...., a ..... and a ....! Never would have had 1, 2 or 3 if that had been available.

DKL

Nude to the board
That is a perfect set up. Curious if you can just get the frame and how much? I currently have one of your frames with the Maxxon packable raft but that frame would be perfect for my other frameless raft.

kyle kerr

I know it isn’t ideal but on your website for the freestone I see there is an option for a motor mount? I fish some big lakes in Oregon and this would be ideal since it’s still packable, I’m referring to the one without the break down frame. Thanks.

BDD

I know it isn’t ideal but on your website for the freestone I see there is an option for a motor mount? I fish some big lakes in Oregon and this would be ideal since it’s still packable, I’m referring to the one without the break down frame. Thanks.
I know Ken could build a Freestone deluxe frame with a motor mount and an electric trolling motor battery storage box on the rear deck no problem.

BDD

Curious on the weight capacity? Super cool set up, I like it a lot
I have no idea on the carrying capacity; I should check, if I am to be a "responsible business owner that I should be" but I never planned on even coming close to maxing it out. I do know that it carried myself and my nephew, when he accidently got knocked out of a raft into a tree, and I came behind them and plucked him out of the tree and carried him back to the take out down river balancing himself on the bow the whole way. The two of us and all our gear, was probably close to 750 pounds. Does that help?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info