End of my RF Fishing 4 me

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Very sorry for your loss! Fish it again, when you're ready in remembrance of your friend!

Peace! Bill

Phish Guy

Sorry for your loss man. That was an awesome story of friendship/family, thanks for sharing. I can only imagine how excited your buddy was when you arrived, very special!

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
I know exactly how you are feeling Greg. My condolences. Fishing buddies have a special place in one's heart that doesn't have to do with family. I lost mine in September and have fished only once since.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
I know exactly how you are feeling Greg. My condolences. Fishing buddies have a special place in one's heart that doesn't have to do with family. I lost mine in September and have fished only once since.
Sorry to hear that. I lost my dad to divorce several years ago. I introduced him to the Yakima river and fly fishing soon after taking that up. We spent many father son camping and floating the river in the fall after the flip flop

I supported my mom in the divorce. Never got to fish the yak with my dad after that. Now he is frail 84 year old in nursing care on kidney failure. Too weak to get in drift boat with me.

I have floated the yak a few times since the divorce, but sad feelings well up as I miss my crothechy old dad in his worn out straw cowboy hat bring amazed by the srrong, fiesty fish putting a big bend on his old Scott 6 wt.

Old406Kid

Greg, a sad but awesome story.
Our son, who we lost three years ago at age 40, was brain damaged at birth most likely due to a case of severe flu my wife had during her pregnancy.
The highlight of his life was always his rides, he taught us what was really important in life and will always be my best role model.

Thanks for being there for someone in need and bringing some happiness into their life.

Last edited:

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
I'm sorry for your loss Greg. Cherish those memories. Fishing friendships often develop into something very special. I'm sure I dont have to remind you that as much as it hurts right now, you were a lucky man in that regard.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Yeh I am a glass half full guy. My dad and I had an awesome time together. He was best dad ever. He was a mechanical engineer and he shared his passions with me.

Camping, working on his Austin Healy sports car, downhill snow skiing, swimming and water skiing the ice cold waters of spirit lake were all my earlier memories. Then he aquired Yamaha 60 so I could ride with him and his best friend in the Tillamook burn, man I loved the adenlyn at age 10. His most famous saying when facing a black Diamond ski run or steep hill climb on dirt bikes was "go for it, Greg"

His enthusiastic, confidence inspiring encouragement is something I have tried to pass on to my son when mountain biking or downhill snow skiing. Got pass on the good stuff and ficus on the good stuff.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Greg, a sad but awesome story.
Our son, who we lost three years ago at age 40, was brain damaged at birth most likely due to a case of severe flu my wife had during her pregnancy.
The highlight of his life was always his rides, he taught us what was really important in life and will always be my best role model.

Thanks for being there for someone in need and bringing some happiness into their life.
Wow neat how rides seem to make those with brain damage happy. It must somehow stimulate the brain.

I came across his love of sliding sideways in car in snow when we passed a hamburger stand in Ephrata and he asked me to turn around. I did a fast u turn in the snow by e braking much to his delight. So from then on I always found a plce to slide the car around when we were on snow covered roads.
D

Gary Thompson

dirty dog
RIP to your buddy.
I also will miss fishing RF.
I moved to the Umpqua country and the rivers here are big and beautiful, but also tough to fish.
No easy walk along the bank to hunt for feeding fat trouts

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts