Support your local Fly Shop

Bowbonehead

Something to think about before you make your next on-line purchase..... you may want to support your local brick and mortar fly shop in these trying times as its the small guys that will not likely get the government bail out........

https://www.hatchmag.com/articles/how-help-fly-shops-and-guides-during-coronavirus-pandemic/7715014

Fly shops and guides are the tangible heart of our sport, here's how to help them

I have no affiliation to any fly shops but owned a ski/snowboard business up until last year and I know how much it costs to run a small business and how they must be feeling the pinch right now..... north of the border they are all closed as they are not considered essential in these conditions .........

Yard Sale

Huge Member
I know my favorite shop, and closest to me, The Gorge Fly Shop is still taking and shipping online orders. I tossed several hundred their way last week.

Pretty much the only thing they do now right?

I've been doing some inventory so I can place a nice fat order with waters west later this week.

flybill

A collector never stops collecting!
WFF Supporter
Avid Angler was open last week and I assume this week. Call or ping them through Facebook! I picked up a fly box last week! All small business need out support!

Rob Allen

Something to think about before you make your next on-line purchase..... you may want to support your local brick and mortar fly shop in these trying times as its the small guys that will not likely get the government bail out........

https://www.hatchmag.com/articles/how-help-fly-shops-and-guides-during-coronavirus-pandemic/7715014

Fly shops and guides are the tangible heart of our sport, here's how to help them

I have no affiliation to any fly shops but owned a ski/snowboard business up until last year and I know how much it costs to run a small business and how they must be feeling the pinch right now..... north of the border they are all closed as they are not considered essential in these conditions .........

Hmmm. Apart from guides being the heart of the sport i agree...

Call your fly shop and order something...

Here Fishee!

EWA is open in West Seattle, show the peeps some love if you can (I’m planning to pay them a visit later this week).

Bowbonehead

Hmmm. Apart from guides being the heart of the sport i agree...

Most guides work through shops or have some sort of affiliation to them. I am sure one could get a gift card that could be applied towards guide service or shop product ......

Northern

It's all good.
WFF Supporter
So let's assume I know next to nothing about retail...:oops:
Does anyone know what kinds of things at a fly shop have the highest margin? Flies, maybe? Tying materials?
Or do they make more on bigger ticket items?
If I'm going to throw X amount of dollars in business their way, I don't want to choose stuff where they barely scrape over cost!
Or is cash flow key right now, so gift cards are a better choice?

Phil Fravel

Friendly
Does anyone know what kinds of things at a fly shop have the highest margin? Flies, maybe? Tying materials?
If I'm going to throw X amount of dollars in business their way, I don't want to choose stuff where they barely scrape over cost!
I would have to guess one of the highesr margin Items would be fly lines

DimeBrite

5X Celebrity Jeopardy Champion

The Asquith

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts