NFR North West Trivia game..

East Coaster

Bobby Doer. Friend was Ted Williams?
We have a winner!

Growing up as a Red Sox fan, I knew that Doerr was one of the all-time greats, but didn't really know much else about him. Got to spend a couple of days at Tu Tu Tun Lodge on the Rogue about 10 years ago, and catch some half-pounders. On the non-fishing day, my wife and I took a jet boat tour up the river, which stopped at a general store, where there was this display case featuring their local celebrity, Bobby Doerr. I was surprised at the fishing connection, as I had only known about him from his Red Sox days. Hall of Fame 2nd baseman, his uniform number (1) was retired by the Sox. And of course, Ted Williams was a close friend and fishing buddy. Here's a good article for those interested:

Your turn, @jasmillo!

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
We have a winner!

Growing up as a Red Sox fan, I knew that Doerr was one of the all-time greats, but didn't really know much else about him. Got to spend a couple of days at Tu Tu Tun Lodge on the Rogue about 10 years ago, and catch some half-pounders. On the non-fishing day, my wife and I took a jet boat tour up the river, which stopped at a general store, where there was this display case featuring their local celebrity, Bobby Doerr. I was surprised at the fishing connection, as I had only known about him from his Red Sox days. Hall of Fame 2nd baseman, his uniform number (1) was retired by the Sox. And of course, Ted Williams was a close friend and fishing buddy. Here's a good article for those interested:

Your turn, @jasmillo!
Yeah, that is how I knew him as well. He is way before my time but growing up in New England, I was a huge Red Sox fan and read a bunch about the history of the tea Ted Williams even after he retired, including about his fishing exploits.

Ok, not originally from the area but this person is and is one of my favorites in their field. Should be an easy one.

I was born in Seattle
I died over seas.
My career was way to short
But I may be the best person to ever play one of these....

GSIEGEL

Yeah, that is how I knew him as well. He is way before my time but growing up in New England, I was a huge Red Sox fan and read a bunch about the history of the tea Ted Williams even after he retired, including about his fishing exploits.

Ok, not originally from the area but this person is and is one of my favorites in their field. Should be an easy one.

I was born in Seattle
I died over seas.
My career was way to short
But I may be the best person to ever play one of these....
Can only be Jimi!

GSIEGEL

OK
I don't want to make this one too easy, so I'll be stingy with the clues:

I'm an early Washington historic character, but not born here
Some might call me controversial
I have a county named after me
I died in the Civil War

Last edited:

Eric Johnson

We have a winner!

Your turn, @jasmillo!
My HS baseball coach had a cabin/property next door to Bobby Doerr. We got to meet him on one of our HS fishin adventures back in the day. Was a great person

RayJay

OK
I don't want to make this one too easy, so I'll be stingy with the clues:

I'm an early Washington historic character, but not born here
Some might call me controversial
I have a county named after me
I died in the Civil War
Isaac Stevens

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts