Fishart

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
CNC? How about chisel and knife? I’m old school and just plain old! I’m an old carpenter/woodworker and wood is the easiest medium to shape. I’ve done more relief carvings and in the round. I’ll post some more carvings, I also do intarsia and chainsaw carvings.

Rainforest Gump

This is an awesome thread! I'm always looking for new fishing related projects. Some of these posts have definitely inspired me.

Last winter I designed this fly reel. I have a couple different spools and use it on my 4 and 6 weight setups. The reel has a water resistant (wouldn't call it fully sealed) adjustable drag with stacked Teflon & stainless steel drag discs. Incoming and outgoing click. It was surprisingly smooth from the start so I haven't made any revisions, I got lucky there considering I hardly expected it to work at all. I fished with it almost every day last summer.

Right now I'm working on designing some more spools with different art on them, as well as replacing the 3d printed reel foot with machined aluminum.
That’s really taking it to the next level, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone designing and building their own reels . I hope that you are fish it on a rod you made . Great work!

C&CRods

not your average member
CNC? How about chisel and knife? I’m old school and just plain old! I’m an old carpenter/woodworker and wood is the easiest medium to shape. I’ve done more relief carvings and in the round. I’ll post some more carvings, I also do intarsia and chainsaw carvings.
I dont have the skills for chisel and knife, but maybe someday ill dive into that. Id like to see your work!

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
Where in Seattle are you? I’m in Burien, maybe when this crap is over, come over and check out my woodworks! Have a cold one and go fishing!

C&CRods

not your average member
Where in Seattle are you? I’m in Burien, maybe when this crap is over, come over and check out my woodworks! Have a cold one and go fishing!
North seattle, shoreline. Cant wait to get on a river, and would enjoy taking you up on that sometime

CWrig

That’s really taking it to the next level, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone designing and building their own reels . I hope that you are fish it on a rod you made . Great work!
Thank you! One day I hope to take it to the level of being a product on the fly fishing market. Just a personal prototype for now though. I use it on my Cts Affinity M rod that I built, first time building a rod but it worked out nicely and I love the action of that rod for dry fly fishing. Would be super cool to actually hand build a rod blank by rolling the carbon and all but that would be incredibly difficult to master. Maybe someday

Attachments

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info