Upgraded

Denny

HI: Just my opinion-I've never owned either one, but I have owned 5 pontoon boats, v-boat, belly boat, and a couple other light weight fishing crafts. I prefer stillwater fishing, and I like the idea of being able to dangle my feet into the water and use fins most of the time when I'm fly fishing. I feel I have way better control and way better action on the flies when I can hold the fly rod in my hand while propelling myself slowly around with fins. I like the oars mainly just to get from point a to point b. I'm not familiar with the type of water you are fishing, but for me when it comes to lake fishing, the water master or something similar is way more effective. Just my 2 cents.

harryw

Such a great looking rig!! Love the frame design, I wish I could be floating in one of those as well..... but it’s just too much boat for me. Switzerland just does not support these rafts, whatever that may mean to you ;-)

Bill Keeler

Very nice boat! It has a very nice layout and will provide hours of comfortable fishing. The accessories like the rod holders and anchor system are great additions to a very solid frame. I bought an 8’ Freestone from Dave and Ken and really enjoy the flexibility it provides. I took it on a small river in Idaho and was able to row over a submerged bolder and stand up on it. I have also lake fished with it and used my fins for positioning, still perfecting my technique.
I hope we are both able to enjoy our boats very soon.
Bill Keeler

Attachments

• C0DC92F9-7D82-4D9B-8AD5-27BFB95715CA.jpeg
    C0DC92F9-7D82-4D9B-8AD5-27BFB95715CA.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 64

BDD

Bob,

Got your PM. Figured I'd respond here since you posted pictures and it might help someone else down the road. There is no real front or back on these boats. I like to put the floor valve in the back, under the rear deck so the passenger doesn't stand on it.

Regarding pumps, if I have access to electricity, I use this pump.

If I have a 12 v battery, I use this pump.

When topping off and or no power, I use a K-Pump.

Regarding strapping the rear deck, there really is no real right or wrong way to do it, so long as you have the correct number and length of straps. Figure out what is best for you so the frame is secure.

I think that was it. Good luck. That is a nice setup with the front cooler and extra oar.

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
Bob,

Got your PM. Figured I'd respond here since you posted pictures and it might help someone else down the road. There is no real front or back on these boats. I like to put the floor valve in the back, under the rear deck so the passenger doesn't stand on it.

Regarding pumps, if I have access to electricity, I use this pump.

If I have a 12 v battery, I use this pump.

When topping off and or no power, I use a K-Pump.

Regarding strapping the rear deck, there really is no real right or wrong way to do it, so long as you have the correct number and length of straps. Figure out what is best for you so the frame is secure.

I think that was it. Good luck. That is a nice setup with the front cooler and extra oar.

Awesome thank you for the input!

Reactions: JS

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts