Another Hotrod??

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
The rod measures at 5’8 1/2” 4wt. I went with black wraps w/blue metallic trim, 3” shortened Ray Lee reelseat, funky spaced cork grip....not my idea but wanted to try one. Wondering if the grip will hold up? We’ll see.....

B16A1D0B-D7CA-4E21-A129-B956F60BEC11.jpeg
F4A716E2-D5EE-4A53-B5D0-A95CAF672468.jpeg

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
I just lawn cast this little rod....3wt DT Sylk 55’ like a dream....matched it up with a Hardy Featherweight. Oh, and one more thing about the cork, I darkened it with a dark wood wax. Another shot of the funky but pleasing grip.

61D8190B-BE1C-4121-91C0-338E0A3161DE.jpeg

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
WFF Supporter
I've always liked the idea of the ventilated grip. I plan to put one on a future rod with probably a bit less space between the rings.

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
The funny thing about doing a spaced grip like this is, each time putting the pieces on....I kept getting a hankering for shish-ka-bob!

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
I've always liked the idea of the ventilated grip. I plan to put one on a future rod with probably a bit less space between the rings.

I played around with the spacing Tim....this gap felt the “most comfortable” for me. Less seemed why bother?? My .15

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
WFF Supporter
My reason for doing it would be to allow the blank to flex without restriction from the handle so the spacing really only needs to be enough to allow that flex. Beyond that it's just personal preference.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts