What are you watching?

jamma

I'm kind of a geology nerd. I found an enormous series on youtube regarding our regional geology, especially focused on Washington: Nick Zentner, a geology prof at the university in Ellensburg puts these together.

He invites the local community to evening lectures on particulular topics. Like the pleistocene Lake Missoula floods. Columbia River Basalt flows. Extinct rivers. Mega volcanoes. Exotic terranes, etc.

I now know I would not want to live in the Puyallup River drainage...yikes! Or the White River running off of Rainier.

Hours and hours of local and regional geology.

Absolutely nothing to do with any fing tigers.
I am somewhat of a geo-nerd myself. Whenever I went to Hawaii, I usually visited the Big Island to hike. The first time I went was when the current eruption was just starting up and wardens were leading small groups onto the (barely) active lava flow. The sound of the silicone in the rock rubbing togerther sounded like crushed glass. Awesome experience! Kaui'i was awesome as well.

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
I just binged "Hunters" on Amazon Prime. Pretty intense in spots but brings to the front the things that happened to the Jewish population during WWII. It is also rather provocative in that it suggests some things that our government did and might have done after.

jamma

Doing a re-watch of National Geographic's series 'Mars'. An imaginative series that takes an unflinching look at the risks as well as the rewards of space exploration.

Zak

WFF Supporter
I could watch this young woman Liziqi's youtube videos all day. Traditional Chinese crafts and cooking with really great video and sound production!

Here's one on making bamboo furniture:

Squamishpoacher

I lived in the sticks of central BC and had an antennae up on the roof. I got two channels and one of them not good. Lightning hit one day and thats was it for TV. Went without from 1995 until 2001. Had it again until 2011 and not since.

So I'm watching the clouds and the wind in the trees. One of the dogs is chewing on the other one's ear. Tomorrow I'll be watching for my strike indicator to go under. Before I sleep I entertain myself with a thing called "book". The current one is Jorge Luis Borges's Collected Fictions. Much better than anything I've seen lately on TV at my friend's places. I know a lot of people love TV but I learnt that I'd rather tie flies, fish or read. Pretty boring, eh.

Zak

WFF Supporter
I lived in the sticks of central BC and had an antennae up on the roof. I got two channels and one of them not good. Lightning hit one day and thats was it for TV. Went without from 1995 until 2001. Had it again until 2011 and not since.

So I'm watching the clouds and the wind in the trees. One of the dogs is chewing on the other one's ear. Tomorrow I'll be watching for my strike indicator to go under. Before I sleep I entertain myself with a thing called "book". The current one is Jorge Luis Borges's Collected Fictions. Much better than anything I've seen lately on TV at my friend's places. I know a lot of people love TV but I learnt that I'd rather tie flies, fish or read. Pretty boring, eh.
Love Borges! That's a great book!

Reactions: NRC

Island Bob

I don’t watch much TV; but I watched Star Trek Picard. I’ve been mostly watching how to videos about fly tying, rod building, culinary videos from Master Class. However I’m really hooked on videos on YouTube by Mr. Chickadee. He uses old tools he has restored, acquired at yard sales, auctions, and eBay. He has mad skills. There is no music or commentary just the sounds of Kentucky nature and the sound of razor sharp hand tools.

Bob

Travis Bille

I just finished Silicon Valley on HBO. I'm a big fan of everthying Mike Judge has done. It took me a little while to get in to this show; I'm not very tech-savvy so it was a bit hard to follow. But once I got going, it was a really funny, clever show.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts