What are you watching?

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
WFF Supporter
Just finished watching the three Swedish films. I did have to pause, backup and replay to catch quickly changing subtitles....... really well done films.

Agreed. Way better than the American version. If you can find the original Scandinavian version of The Killing it will pull you in for about 20 episodes.
Also the original version of Bron (The Bridge in English) is a standout.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
My kids have been binge-watching the following:

Groucho Marx
Three Stooges
Our Gang Comedy
Laurel and Hardy
Charlie Chaplin

Always great to have a lotta laughs in these times... TYVM Netflix for all the entertainment!

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter
“Bad Education” just came out and is a good movie. True story about the embezzlement of a school district. Allison Janey and Hugh Jackman and Ray Romano Star.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I caught a college playoff replay the other day from a number of years back. It was fun watching a game played in Rosenblatt Stadium again. :D

Hatty

Speaking of Allison Janney, we are watching the old NBC series The West Wing. It gives me hope, that someday, hopefully soon, we will have smart competent people with high ideals and standards working in the White House again. Jed Bartlett for President!

And rewatching The Sopranos. I also like stories of crime and corruption. As long as the stories are fictional. ish.

Jojo

WFF Supporter
Speaking of Allison Janney, we are watching the old NBC series The West Wing. It gives me hope, that someday, hopefully soon, we will have smart competent people with high ideals and standards working in the White House again. Jed Bartlett for President!

And rewatching The Sopranos. I also like stories of crime and corruption. As long as the stories are fictional. ish.
I loved The West Wing! So many great characters! TWW and Breaking Bad are two of my favorite series. I have not seen The Sopranos. I think it’s time I checked it out!

Jojo

WFF Supporter
I always think of Allison Janey as singing The Jackal in the West Wing!

D

dld

Just finished Michael Mann's 'Thief'. Second time I have seen it, first was around twenty years ago. It almost feels like a sister-piece to Mann's later 'Heat'. James Caan stars, and is excellent.

jamma

Been working the comedy angle myself. Last night it was 'Dr. Strangelove...', incredible performances by Peter Sellers, and the 'Hitman's Bodyguard' featuring scathing (and hilarious) smack downs between Samuel Jackson and Ryan Reynolds and an over the top performance by Salma Hayek as Jackson's bad ass (and potty-mouthed) wife. Jojo, if you have not seen this one, put it on your must-see list. A complete hoot from start to finish. After seeing his performance on SNL, I pulled out World War Z with Brad Pitt and was reminded of what a well done movie that was; now there's a plague to worry about. Am looking forward to the follow-up when they start releasing new movies again.

On the book front, just finished 'The last odyssey', by James Rollins; interesting subject matter as always, but the storyline seemed a bit too by the numbers. Am currently in the middle of 'If it bleeds', in particular the follow-up novella to 'The outsider', which I am enjoying immensely. You rock, Holly Gibney. And you as well, Mr. King.

Also have to throw a shout out to the music documentary 'Heima' featuring Sigur Ros. Whenever I am feeling down about the human race, I throw this on and am reminded of the beauty in the world, both it's geography and the good people who mostly populate it, and the uplifting music they make. One of the best, if not the best, music docs ever. The string quartet takes their music to a whole other level. I am always overwhelmed by the sheer beauty on display.

Slipstream

I've been watching youtube vids of Brian Chan and Don Freschi fishing Iracators up north. Years ago I filmed some winter whitefish trips. Spinning gear with an Iracator and a size 14 fly. I only filmed my occasional steelhead hook ups with point and shoot camera. If it wasn't for the 2" cork Iracator it would have been tough to film. No crappy music though, and I almost got seasick watching the cork zipping up and down the river.:oops:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts