What are you watching?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I’ve been watching a lot of Live PD and PD Cam
on A & E.
I get a good laugh based with some of the excuses people make when getting arrested.
They have to really think cops are super gullible.
SF

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
Well, we're still at it. I started watching Outlander several years ago. For some reason, I never finished the year, whichever it was so I decided to start over again. I have now watched the first three years again and looking forward to the next two. It's a bit different but very good nevertheless. Homecomng, Ozark, and Sneaky Pete are on my list to complete in the coming months. Hopefully we'll get this stuff taken care of because I'm getting tired of yard work. :eek:

dustinchromers

Thanks to @dustinchromers I started watching Cobra Kai on YouTube last night.

This show is amazing. So well written, so many good lines, and it is flipping my entire world view upside down. Daniel Larusso is a total d bag!

Can't remember the last time I watched a show with so many great lines.

Jonny Lawrence is the true hero. I never did like G rated Daniel all fuelled by fake ass karate books and stuffed animals. Give me Jonny. Jonny fuelled by sweet cars, hot babes, iron eagle, and cobra Kai Karate meant for kicking ass not just glorified yoga.

jamma

Pulled out and started watching those olde Sherlock Holmes movies featuring Basil Rathbone. I recall watching them on late night tv when I was a kid. He will always be the ultimate Holmes to me although I liked Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal.

Ron McNeal

Tony Clifton wanna-be....
Ran across a (for me anyway) riveting documentary on Amazon Prime: "The Whites of West Virginia".
I don't think I blinked once while watching it. Worth a look if you're interested in the depths to which humans can sink.

jamma

War movie 'A midnight clear', which has just been released on bluray. This one flew under the radar at the time (1992) and due to a crappy 4:3 DVD release pretty much stayed there; it is an excellent movie drawn from the memoirs of a soldier in the dwindling days of the war. Featuring young actors at the start of their careers, Ethan Hawke, Gary Sinise, Peter Berg, John McGinty, and others; it spotlights a tragic incident. Two thumbs up.

Peyton00

Da Five Bloods on Netflix. Excellent.

Wife and i watched it. Spike lost me when the actors played scenes of themselves from 50 yrs ago. It took me out of the movie wondering what the hell is going on. These guys are doing a scene in Nam from their early 20's /late teens .....with full grey heads wrinkles etc, and no attempt from Spike to make the scenes believable. Seemed weird he didn't hire 5 teenagers for those select scenes.

The acting itself was excellent.

Rant over.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I’m watching Twin Peaks for the first time. 3 episodes in and....well, still watching.

With all the crazy sh*t happening, I’m still perplexed about how Twin Peaks can be on saltwater, 5 miles south of Canada and 12 miles from the state line. I guess they must have been talking about the Columbia Autonomous Zone.

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter
Da Five Bloods on Netflix. Excellent.
I just started watching last night but turned it on late and started to fall asleep, though not because it’s not good, because it is.

If y’all have HBO Mark Ruffalo in “I Know This Much is True” is really really good. It’s a 6 part mini series. I read the book by Wally Lamb about 20 years ago and remembered it was very good but thankfully had forgotten the ending. Such great acting all the way around in this series.

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter
Also watching season two of Dear John, which is about the Betty Broderick story. Watching the young actor who plays young Christian Slater (who is Betty’s husband, Dan) is amazing. It’s like watching that actor do an impression of Christian Slater doing an impression of Jack Nicholson from the movie “Heathers” which I believe came out in the late 80’s or early 90’s.

smc

Wife and i watched it. Spike lost me when the actors played scenes of themselves from 50 yrs ago. It took me out of the movie wondering what the hell is going on. These guys are doing a scene in Nam from their early 20's /late teens .....with full grey heads wrinkles etc, and no attempt from Spike to make the scenes believable. Seemed weird he didn't hire 5 teenagers for those select scenes.

The acting itself was excellent.

Rant over.

I thought it was an interesting way to show that they were still fighting the war, 50 years later.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info