Korkers Great Customer Service

Bob Bartlett

Kudos to Korkers for a stellar response to my request for repair help. I broke a cable lace on the BOA lacing on Korker's boots after 3+ years of service. I had a BOA repair kit but no matter what I tried, I could not get the new cable lace threaded through the nylon/plastic cable guides on the boot. I called Korkers and was warned that repair would take unknown amount of time since they're operating with skeleton staff during the Pandemic. I shipped boots via UPS and per the UPS tracker, they arrived at Korkers facility this past Tuesday at 10:43 am. Just after 2pm Tuesday, I received email from Elijah at Korkers with new UPS tracking nunber---they finished the repair and shipped them back same day! Even sweeter, boots arrived yesterday, an overnight shipment, AND, Korker's sales rep Mark Fuller emailed me with "NO Charge, enjoy" message.

I liked my Korkers already, but I've just become a very loyal customer!! Incredible service in spite of the present challenging time!!

kevinj65

I too have had a great experience with Korkers customer service, actually twice!
Glad to hear everything worked out for you and they still stand behind their products.

D3Smartie

Nice to hear they have finally figured it out.
I have had repeated bad experiences in the past which ensure i'll be a Simms customer.

Mark Kadoshima

I really like both sets of my Korkers. Does anyone ever 'preventively' replace the cable? I'm also going on three years, a lot of it in the salt. No problems yet, but wouldn't want the problem just as I'm wading up early one morning.

D3Smartie

I really like both sets of my Korkers. Does anyone ever 'preventively' replace the cable? I'm also going on three years, a lot of it in the salt. No problems yet, but wouldn't want the problem just as I'm wading up early one morning.

You;ve been lucky. I have had them break many times while on the water or trail. nothing like being 2 miles from the car with a busted lace.
I would certainly consider being preemptive with your maintenance.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
Boa laces are guaranteed by Boa for as long as the you have the boots; any type of boot.

I had a pair of Korkers Devil's Canyon boots for 5 years, but in freshwater only. One of the boot's uppers began to delaminate from the rand in year 4 and a Korkers CSR told me how to fix them and they lasted another full year. That was great service.

I like the convenience of the Boa lacing, but I wasn't able to tweak the fit like I can with lace-up wading & hiking boots. Boa lacing is uniform all the way up the tongue. Even though I could get it uncomfortably tight up the ankle, my foot could still move forward in the boot. On long days of uneven cobble and long downhill hikes back to the car and my toes could jam into the front of the boot. I lost two toenails.

I went back to lace-up boots. I lace them tight to above the instep, tie a double overhand knot to keep my foot locked into the heel cup, then continue up the ankle a bit looser.

I went with Korkers' high end lace-up Wraptr boot. Lots of great support, no jammed toes, but very heavy. One of the Wraptr one-piece "armor" uppers began to develop a hole from the boot flexing just behind the toebox after 4 months where I did several 5 to 7 mile hiking-wading trips and a few shorter trips; all with steep approaches. I put in a warranty claim and Korkers took a "pre-order" from me. They replaced the Wraptr boots free of charge with their latest high end lace-up boot; the Terror Ridge after they started shipping them, letting me keep the Wraptrs to fish in until I got the new boots.
I've done three 1 - 2 mile trips since I received them. The first trip I experienced some "break-in" discomfort. The second and third trips have been much better.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info