NFR Quarantine Humor

silvercreek

WFF Supporter
Another math teaser

Very tricky arithmetic!

Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000 . Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

Scroll down for answer.....

Did you get 5000?

The correct answer is actually 4100.

If you don't believe it, check it with a calculator!

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Another math teaser

Very tricky arithmetic!

Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000 . Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

Did you get 5000?

I also came up with 4100 in my head. In about 20 seconds. You add up the small numbers and then the big ones. Put them together and your done.

I suppose you know that kids nowadays can't cipher that fast. Some have to take off their shoes to count on their toes.

Daz

Another math teaser

Very tricky arithmetic!

Did you get 5000?

I don't get it. How would you get 5000?

Another math head scratcher:
A race car driver is taking a new car out for a trial spin around a one mile Track. He does the first half at 30 mph to get its feel. How fast does he have to go to average 60 mph for the whole loop?

Zak

A race car driver is taking a new car out for a trial spin around a one mile Track. He does the first half at 30 mph to get its feel. How fast does he have to go to average 60 mph for the whole loop?
90 mph for the second half?

Yard Sale

Huge Member
So to average 60 mph he would need to cover the mile in 1 minute. Going .5 miles at 30mph would take 1 minute. He’s screwed. I think?

BriGuy

So to average 60 mph he would need to cover the mile in 1 minute. Going .5 miles at 30mph would take 1 minute. He’s screwed. I think?
Yes, but if he made the jump to warp speed exactly as the clock ticked 60 seconds, he could finish the loop before it ticked 61 seconds.

Close enough.

silvercreek

WFF Supporter
A couple goes for a meal at a Chinese restaurant and order the "Chicken Surprise."

The waiter brings the meal, served in a lidded cast iron pot.

Just as the wife is about to serve herself, the lid of the pot rises slightly and she briefly sees two beady little eyes looking around before the lid slams back down.

"Good grief, did you see that?" she asks her husband.

He hasn't, so she asks him to look in the pot. He reaches for it and again the lid rises, and he sees two little eyes looking around before it slams down.

Rather perturbed, he calls the waiter over, explains what is happening, and demands an explanation.

Please sir," says the waiter, "what you order?" The husband replies, "Chicken Surprise."

"Ah! So sorry," says the waiter,

"I bring you Peeking Duck!"

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts