books and shows during the lockdown?

surfnfish

Just burned through the Sheriff Longmire books, much more humor and character development than the tv series.
A sci-fi fan, enjoyed Altered Carbon's second season...based on the book series by Richard K Morgan, high octane reads.
And just finished up first season of Fortitude... -30 northern Greenland, a remote town filled with extreme personalities, way too much alcohol, even 10 yr olds walking around with bear rifles, a horror emerging from the tundra...jeez, what could possibly go wrong.
Westworld off to a good start this season.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Bought the latest and last in the series Star Wars movie. Will probably watch it tonight. Bought a few kindle books too, just cheaper, the last one on making bread!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Plus Bonus Content)

1586368854960.png

D

dld

If you are a sci-fi fan, I recommend the 'Red Rising' book series. Kind of a 'Brave New World' meets 'Dune' with some 'Blade Runner'. I enjoyed all five books.

Also, the 'Ender's Game' series is great.

I also recently read the entire Sherlock Holmes collection. Really great stories, mostly pretty short, but they still hold up.

The 'Sherlock' BBC series is top-notch, if you haven't seen it, and all of the 'mysteries' in it are derived/inspired by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original stories.

Westworld is starting out nicely this season.

If you haven't watched 'Umbrella Academy', 'The Boys', or 'Godless', they are all brilliant shows (Netflix, Amazon, Netflix, respectively).

Shawn Seeger

(aka. wabowhunter)
WFF Supporter
Finishing the Longmire TV series, reading Thomas Jefferson's Education now, then the Pioneers... Got a few on the Kindle que Screenshot_20200408-202344.png

kmudgn

If you liked Longmire, you will like the Joe Pickett book series by C.J. Box. Also, the Bosch series by Michael Connelly is really good, but they are city (LA) stories rather than rural western locales

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
Bought the latest and last in the series Star Wars movie. Will probably watch it tonight. Bought a few kindle books too, just cheaper, the last one on making bread!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Plus Bonus Content)

View attachment 233925
All you have to do is find the yeast. Seems it's always sold out. People are baking a lot of bread these days. Hope you find some.

Driftless Dan

Driftless Dan
WFF Supporter
More sci-fi: The Expanse has four seasons on Amazon, about what happens after we colonize Mars and the asteroid belt. The books are great, too.
I am a huge SCi-Fi fan, sort of a purist. Until The Expanse series, I only really loved Firefly, but The Expanse is amazing. Even my non-sci-fi loving wife devoured it.

I have a bit of a fly fishing collection (200 volumes so far), and have been re-perusing those books, but I need to leaven it with some fiction. Except for the series above, I rarely turn on the boob-tube. I did also like the Umbrella Academy, though.

Shawn Seeger

(aka. wabowhunter)
WFF Supporter
If you liked Longmire, you will like the Joe Pickett book series by C.J. Box. Also, the Bosch series by Michael Connelly is really good, but they are city (LA) stories rather than rural western locales
You know what is funny, I just got several boxes of books, at fish camp Lenice. And both author's and serious were included. So they will be read this year!

I have hooked that I need to start a "mini library - need a book take a book, have a book leave a book" for when I am camping and fishing. It seems someone is either finishing or needing a book. That is how I ended up with 2 boxes this year. I brought 2 boxes last year and traded guys I have met from years past.

Here is what one had inside (after my buddy went through it) 15864542548437009237386693296701.jpg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts