Oregon just shut down Non-Resident fishing and hunting

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
The only reason this happens is because some states have shut down recreational fishing and others have not leading to more people searching. It’s a good move but the better move would be for a national or at least regional approach with the best option being shutting it all down, everywhere until we have more data on this outbreak.There are a ton of easy ways around this. If someone from WA should not be fishing the OR side of the Columbia as an example, people from OR should not be either.

It’s an arbitrary, invisible line on a map for Christ’s sake. Good for OR fisherman, yes. Good for this outbreak in general? Nope, will likely make no difference.

creekx

spent spinner
They have
MT has not officially suspended nonresident angling, although their requirement that all out-of-state visitors self-quarantine for 14 days pretty much has the same effect.

Interestingly, the MT governor issued a strict stay home order, yet FWP is advertising that most recreation sites and fishing access sites are open - a mixed message.

Gorgefly

Thank you people for pointing out that Oregon is still open. That's great. I can practically see Oregon from my house across the river and now I can't even fish there. Why don't we all just list every state that's open and start a caravan there now. Bottom line is if people could pack a llunch, drive to water, fish and drive home without inundating the stores and gas stations in these small towns we wouldn't be seeing things close. If you can't do that you are driving too far to fish anyway. Just use common sense. If you don't live near water you like to fish then realize you are the one who chose to live there. You get all the big box stores as a consolation prize.

Rob Allen

The only reason this happens is because some states have shut down recreational fishing and others have not leading to more people searching. It’s a good move but the better move would be for a national or at least regional approach with the best option being shutting it all down, everywhere until we have more data on this outbreak.There are a ton of easy ways around this. If someone from WA should not be fishing the OR side of the Columbia as an example, people from OR should not be either.

It’s an arbitrary, invisible line on a map for Christ’s sake. Good for OR fisherman, yes. Good for this outbreak in general? Nope, will likely make no difference.

I agree, on a temporary basis.

Long term? There are things worse illness and death.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts