Bummer

Creatch'r

Tin Foil Time
Why can’t you go for a boat ride? I see people sailing in the sound. Running a jet up the river is no different in my mind. Just get rid of all the fishing gear.
I’m under the impression access sites are closed? I saw Gov’t bridge access was closed off on a drive recently and assumed the sled launches on the big river would be the same.

KerryS

Ignored Member
WFF Supporter
I’m under the impression access sites are closed? I saw Gov’t bridge access was closed off on a drive recently and assumed the sled launches on the big river would be the same.
Maybe. I know a couple that you could launch at that are not blocked. Don’t know about the legality of using them.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Maybe I am mistaken, I thought the rules (enforceable laws?) are that WA residents are being told to stay at home-no option for travel to recreation, that residents are to be out only to travel to Essential Jobs, for getting food, emergency medical care, or walk around their neighborhoods only.

No driving around for recreation? Brutal, but.. Cannot see where boating would be acceptable unless boating to work or for food? (as much as it sucks not being able to do it, I get that).

Just trying to question what the actual rules are, I don't see much wiggle legal (and moral room) if caught on a river in a boat with the stay at home rules, no way to be on a river, ramps closed or not, the situation is all closed?

Last edited:

KerryS

Ignored Member
WFF Supporter
You guys are probably right, no running the river. Still every time the Seattle news comes on showing shots of Puget Sound I seem to see a sailboat or two.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Would these closures hold up in general hunting seasons? I don't hunt but know quite a few who do and they are generally not the type to like government regulations in the first place. It would be a big showdown with the state, I bet.

Just my own personal observations and ponderings....

BDD

Just because we see somebody doing something doesn't mean it's legal to do so I'd be careful basing decisions on that logic. Even if an activity could be proved legal in a court of law, there is also the moral/ethical dilemma to consider as well. This probably goes for lots of things in life.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts