4wt glass build

yellowlab03

I've been dreaming this build up for a while. I saw something similar on IG and wanted to try it out.

20200410_082645.jpg
20200410_082701.jpg
20200410_093644.jpg
20200410_093733.jpg

7'6" 4wt clear/white fiberglass blank from Ye Old Fly Shoppe, hardware is nickel silver, reel seat is stabilized maple burl from a tree here in Yelm, I did a resin pour with alumalite, black pearlescent pigment and added glow pigment (its kinda my thing). This was the first time I've turned a reel seat or cork rings... lessons were learned.

I wanted the fly rod to match the knife. The reel seat and knife handles are all from the same block. I used white and black liners on the knife handles to match the white and black wraps on the fly rod.

Thanks for looking! Hope y'all are healthy safe and sane during these crazy times!

Buzzy

I've been dreaming this build up for a while. I saw something similar on IG and wanted to try it out.

View attachment 234314 View attachment 234315 View attachment 234316 View attachment 234317

7'6" 4wt clear/white fiberglass blank from Ye Old Fly Shoppe, hardware is nickel silver, reel seat is stabilized maple burl from a tree here in Yelm, I did a resin pour with alumalite, black pearlescent pigment and added glow pigment (its kinda my thing). This was the first time I've turned a reel seat or cork rings... lessons were learned.

I wanted the fly rod to match the knife. The reel seat and knife handles are all from the same block. I used white and black liners on the knife handles to match the white and black wraps on the fly rod.

Thanks for looking! Hope y'all are healthy safe and sane during these crazy times!
I ordered the same rod today; anxious to get it here and start wrapping it up. Mine won't have your creative reel seat!! Pretty cool!

yellowlab03

I put a 5wt line on it today (Rio Gold) because I dont have a 4wt line yet. It casts soooo smooth! I was very pleased with the blanks action!

Buzzy

I've been snooping around quite a bit looking for/at fiberglass rods. Since the shelter in place edict I decided to get serious. I was looking at Ye Olde Fly Shop and noted two rods I was interested in. Unfortunately, Brian's site crashed but he was up to the task of talking on the phone yesterday and today emailed me an invoice as a whole kit. Very cool. In that the rod is "old school" and not some high tech high modulus carbon fiber I'm thinking a DT floater... ;-) for lawn casting right now.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts