First pattern you’ll fish after the lockdown?

Mems

If you fish in Hawaii for ahi don't leave home without this one

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
Depends on when this ends. Before mid July and I’ll probably be fishing one of many random, simple to tie bait fish patterns.

After mid July....although I’ll probably have 65 different patterns ready for coho, including some funky articulated ones, I’ll likely be fishing some form of clouser 95% of the time.

wetswinger

I'm going to start playing around with a suspended fly off of a small strike indicator using a bedhead white ghost, dahlia squid or squimp. Just looking for something new to try...

Jake

I'm going to start playing around with a suspended fly off of a small strike indicator using a bedhead white ghost, dahlia squid or squimp. Just looking for something new to try...

I've thought about that before, too. I'm curious about wave action affecting fly action, and I'd recommend a pattern that is meant to dead drift, but I'm interested to see how it works for you.

SaltyTippet

Tidewater Enthusiast
Anybody besides me already have their first post-quarantine fly picked out? I’ve seen some pretty wild articulated type stuff in the what’s in your vise thread that makes me think others might have similar commitments.

This guy is kind of a mashup of several patterns I like. First tied during the quarantine, so I haven’t had a chance to field test it yet.

View attachment 234848

That's a really great chum pattern for deeper water I would think man.... my fave in late April to early June is the Deep Water minnow in Olive/White from Pacific Fly Fishers for sure.... that fly has been a go to for the past few years and have even fished it in rivers in the fall and the incoming SRC chase it into the shallows all the time folks.... starting to Jones right about now for sure.... ST

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 1.07.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 1.07.06 PM.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 90

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Too bad they'll be no sand breaded/ sun dried Pinks this year...

It looks like they be less sun-dried sand panko covered humpsters at a popular West Seattle Park in 2021 if this holds true.
SF

5weight

Try tying the "white ghost" in light green(not chartreuse) with tail and hackle fibers that tend to pulsate.

wetswinger

I made some yesterday using partridge hackles matched with a mallard tail. I was a convert to soft hackle technique and actually took a class on the Provo river before returning to Wa. It's a fun way to fish on the river. The areas I fish in the way So. Sound have a good current and think indicator style could be feasible. Hoping we can get back to the beach soon. Guess I'm a beach convert now, as I passed on a combo license for the saltwater only one this year...

2kayaker

[WeWeight mems, post: 1584314, member: 83119"]
If you fish in Hawaii for ahi don't leave home without this one
[/QUOTE]
What size Ahi and fly rod Weight do you match ?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts