Muskie Video

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I’ve been watching a ton of Muskie fishing videos lately.
I’ve never caught one but hope to check that box sometime in the future.
The fight isn’t spectacular but the takes certainly are.
SF

Last edited:

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
I’ve been watching a ton of Muskie fishing videos lately.
I’ve never caught one but hope to check that box sometime in the future.
The fight isn’t spectacular but the takes certainly area.
SF

You probably shouldn't watch the Brad Bohen seminal flick Zero to Hero then....don't say I didn't warn you.

I think my favorite quote that sums it up is from Tom McGuane via John Gierach in "Musky Why"..."...it's hours and days of drudgery punctuated by moments of sheer terror". Sure McGuane was referring to Tarpon, but it most certainly is applicable.

Cheers!

Stonefish

You probably shouldn't watch the Brad Bohen seminal flick Zero to Hero then....don't say I didn't warn you.

I think my favorite quote that sums it up is from Tom McGuane via John Gierach in "Musky Why"..."...it's hours and days of drudgery punctuated by moments of sheer terror". Sure McGuane was referring to Tarpon, but it most certainly is applicable.

Cheers!
I’m a glutton for punishment so I’ll have to watch it.

I had plans to be in Minnesota for a week in June, but we’ll have to see if that trip can happen with everything going on.
I stopped in a fly shop last year and a guy showed me pictures of pig smallies from the upper Mississippi.
JFC....that area up there is a warmwater wonderland.
SF

Stonefish

This popped up in my news feed.
Eating muskrats and 20” suckers.
Now I know why I’ve seen folks in videos tossing flies up to two feet long.
SF

Scudley Do Right

I remember seeing a video with Larry Dahlberg talking about people catching trout and using them as live bait under a balloon. Seems like people get obsessed with them. My wife's cousin has a cowgirl tattooed on his arm. They are a cool animal for sure.

PhilR

I remember seeing a video with Larry Dahlberg talking about people catching trout and using them as live bait under a balloon. Seems like people get obsessed with them. My wife's cousin has a cowgirl tattooed on his arm. They are a cool animal for sure.
Let's just say, I've contemplated hanging a pikeminnow under a big bobber, just to see what happens. But live bait is illegal, so I would never do that. Never.....

Mark Koch

I grew up with a cabin on a lake in northern Wisconsin. If there where ducklings in a bay my dad would always say "no point in fishing that, no muskie in the area worth catching".

There was an old man at the end of the lake that swore by using chipmunks rubber banded to a bare hook. I remember as a kid looking at his fingers and thinking, this guy has been bitten by a lot of chipmunks.

Speyrod GB

I had plans to be in Minnesota for a week in June, but we’ll have to see if that trip can happen with everything going on.
I stopped in a fly shop last year and a guy showed me pictures of pig smallies from the upper Mississippi.
JFC....that area up there is a warmwater wonderland.

I just may have to put Minnesota and Wisconsin on my list for a summer trip. The beauty of being a nomadic leisureist. :D

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts