Hardy Warranty Department? Closed for C-19?

Kolledog

WFF Supporter
I broke the tip off my Hardy Zenith 5-weight ONE-PIECE rod. ( I am a friggin' idiot.)

I've been trying to contact Hardy USA about a warranty. (Does the warranty work for idiots?)

No one answers the phone and when I send an email, I get a reply that says their mailbox is full.

Has anyone else been in touch with Hardy since the shut down?

Thanks for any insights you might have. (Probably no cure for idiocy, right?)

creekx

spent spinner
Winston's warranty service is shut down as well.
I found that out the other day when asking about a new cork grip. I was hoping that someone over there with nothing else to do could turn a new grip for me while I don't need the rod. No go. Some of their production, such as guide wrapping, has traditionally been done by workers at their homes, but that only goes so far when they can't roll blanks, etc.

Kolledog

WFF Supporter
I figured that they were shut down, but I thought they'd have something on their website or phone message saying that. Even my local used bookstore in town has a sign in the door...

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Probably not a bad idea to cut them some slack.
Most (but certainly not all) businesses deserve our patience now, and for awhile into the future.

Last edited:

Kolledog

WFF Supporter
I finlly got throught to someone at Hardy by calling the parent company (Pure Fishing), then waitng on hold until a live body picked up. Jenny at Hardy has been helpful so far...Waiting to see how the follow-through goes...

Last edited:
I've had two recent experiences (pre covid)with the warranty dept at Hardy, the first a nice quick turnaround, the second over three months. The delay seemed to be that they didn't have any replacement tip sections and were waiting on production from South Korea. I have a couple of Hardy rods and I do love them but after that experience I have decided to go with local companies. The replacement section didn't even color match (not that it affected my casting!) the original rod.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts