Scissors for cutting braid

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I cut a lot of braid for stinger hooks. None of the scissors I had ever did a great job of cutting braid. I never got a good clean cut.
Awhile back I bought a pair of Gerber Neat Freak scissors for cutting braid.
These things do a great job. I’m sure there are other scissors out there that work great on braid, but these are the best I’ve used so far.
They come in both fresh and saltwater versions.
I bought the freshwater as they’ll reside on my tying desk rather then out on the water.
Just an FYI if you cut a lot of braid.
SF

3F64A9E6-42DC-4B16-B2EF-EBF8FD9BDCD2.jpeg

Kfish

WFF Supporter
I cut a lot of braid for stinger hooks. None of the scissors I had ever did a great job of cutting braid. I never got a good clean cut.
Awhile back I bought a pair of Gerber Neat Freak scissors for cutting braid.
These things do a great job. I’m sure there are other scissors out there that work great on braid, but these are the best I’ve used so far.
They come in both fresh and saltwater versions.
I bought the freshwater as they’ll reside on my tying desk rather then out on the water.
Just an FYI if you cut a lot of braid.
SF

View attachment 235038
Good to know, thanks Brian! I do cut braid once in a while for those stinger hook rigs with ordinary scissors, it does take a few go LOL
I wonder of those handheld cauterizer would work too?

Mark Koch

I have a cheap, I think it was $5, Quarrow Braided Line Scissors I picked up at local bait shop. Works really well. Interesting thought on the handheld cauterizer.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts