Fishing Restrictions by State

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
I found a useful site that links to fishing restrictions by state and thought it could help others. Most links are Covid-19 related but not all. There will be people that travel, both for business and pleasure, that want to know if they can fish there and what are the restrictions.
  • This information would help people decide if they should keep or cancel current reservations.
  • It can also help people decide where to go on a future vacation or overnight trip.
  • By linking directly to official state sites it provides the latest information available.
  • We all know it is changing daily and the latest information is always valuable.
  • So easy access to information helps us all...
We have to keep politics out of this discussion. It should not be used to:
  • Confirm nor refute if Washington did it right.
  • A red or blue state did it wrong/right.
  • An alternative to better/worse ways of doing things.
With that said under the limitations provided that are not all encompassing here is the link...

Click on each state on the map in the middle of the web page that you want to know more about. I hope you find this useful...

Side Note: If the MODs find this post against WFF policies ---> delete it. If the MODs find it useful and no responses required/allowed ---> lock it. If any politics are posted ---> lock it immediately!

RCF

Last edited:

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
If you come to Montana to fish, you have to self quarantine tor 14 days. In a hotel/motel of your choice. You can't even go shopping.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
@Jim Darden i agree someone needs to provide guidance on how to communicate in a language and focus fisher people desire.

With the rapidly and constantly changing environment/restrictions due to Covid-19 I hoped the links would help others understand and keep up-to-date on locales they are interested in.

Let's hope in the next few weeks or month all Covid-19 impacts to fishing can be eliminated...

Last edited:

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
For those waiting to find out when U.S. citizens can get into B.C. or elsewhere is Canada to fish, check this page periodically: https://us-keepexploring.canada.travel/covid-19-traveller-guidance
Also:

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
I found a useful site that links to fishing restrictions by state and thought it could help others. Most links are Covid-19 related but not all. There will be people that travel, both for business and pleasure, that want to know if they can fish there and what are the restrictions.
  • This information would help people decide if they should keep or cancel current reservations.
  • It can also help people decide where to go on a future vacation or overnight trip.
  • By linking directly to official state sites it provides the latest information available.
  • We all know it is changing daily and the latest information is always valuable.
With that said under the limitations provided that are not all encompassing here is the link...

Click on each state on the map in the middle of the web page that you want to know more about. I hope you find this useful...

Side Note: If the MODs find this post against WFF policies ---> delete it. If the MODs find it useful and no responses required/allowed ---> lock it. If any politics are posted ---> lock it immediately!

RCF
Good call and thank you for posting.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
For me this means I can travel into British Columbia...... hopeful that with more people getting vaccinated this becomes possible this year. Thanks for the link.

I agree. I want to go and complete 2 bucket list items while I can. It will also bring back great memories when I fished with my dad up there. I just hope it will be sooner than later...

wanderingrichard

RCF
Hmmmmm... Looks like Pennsyltuckey PFBC decided not to prominently post their COVID guidelines like many other states did...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts