So... parks and beaches open but not fishing?

Gorgefly

In the most populous area of our state you can now go to the parks and beaches but we cannot drive to a river and get out and fish? Explain that one. I’m sure some will.

Reactions: JS

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Many of the parks have been open during the stay at home orders.
Some have had the gates closed but have allowed walk in traffic.
Some where closed for the Easter weekend but opened up again the following Monday.
I live above a popular park in a highly populous city and there has been a steady stream of folks walking towards the park every day in the month I’ve been home.
Other then Easter weekend, nothing has changed from my view in regards to the parks and the ability of people to visit them if they’d like to do so.
SF

wetswinger

Check the news. Seattle Parks and farmers markets have re-opened today.
It depends on your area. Olympia and Thurston Co. parks have closed the gates but people still park on the streets to go walking. They want to discourage picnics and other gatherings. Before the State closed fishing I did the same to access my local beaches without any problem from the employees...

Stonefish

Check the news. Seattle Parks and farmers markets have re-opened today.

Old news or bad info.
The parks haven’t been closed, at least the Seattle Park I lived across the street from for 34 years except for Easter Weekend. It was one of 15 parks closed that weekend.
I can guarantee you that the majority of the people walking by my place over the past month are going to the park. I drove through it a week or so ago.

I also drove by a popular Snohomish Co beach park about a week or so ago just to get out of the house. The gate was locked but there were a number of people walking in the park.

Believe what you’d like...,,
SF

Gorgefly

Ok. So just go to Komo’s site. Read the top headline. Give em a call so they know it’s old news.

Peyton00

Some of the parks in Puyallup are closed to vehicle traffic, some have signage on the trail heads.
I see people walking and i have walked the parks myself.
They have been pretty busy with this nice weather.

Sportsman

King County parks were never closed. Facilities yes: parking, ball fieds, tennis courts etc. Big Finn Hill Park in N. Kirkland has a lot of trails and two schools bordering it. Dog park heaven and it's right across the street from me, and know how lucky I am for that.

Stonefish

Ok. So just go to Komo’s site. Read the top headline. Give em a call so they know it’s old news.

Like I said, believe what you’d like but the parks haven’t been closed except Easter weekend.

If they were closed prior, how can they remain open this weekend?

Its more about social distancing guideline, no large gathering, new signage and keeping parking lots and certain trails closed etc.

Can you see the Seattle parks from the Gorge?
SF

Gorgefly

No but fortunately I can read. It’s clear they are opening new parks. There’s a list. Couldn’t pay me to live where I can see a Seattle park.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts