Planet Fly Fish

Buzzy

I watched the first program last night - very interesting. Loved watching trout jump out of the lake to catch mayflies in the air. The different rises to floating flies - damn, the program helped but I could sure use a fishing fix!

GAT

Dumbfounded
Jim, no, it's on Amazon Prime Video. If you're not an Amazon Prime member and can access streaming channels, you won't be able to see it.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Jim, no, it's on Amazon Prime Video. If you're not an Amazon Prime member and can access streaming channels, you won't be able to see it.
My granddaughter has that service. She pays for it. I'm kind of tired of cable the price keeps going up and the service is lousy.

Reactions: Zak

SilverFly

Thank for sharing that Gene. I've been running out of fishing shows fighting insomnia on my nights off. Episodes 1-3 covered me last night. Really enjoyed it. Great trout content but also well seasoned with salt to my liking. Just need another 30 episodes or so.

DenWor54

All episodes are well done and the picture quality and overall photography is a pleasure to watch. The queenfish and the Samson fish really peaked my interest, I have caught queenfish and they are a blast but the fish a landed were not in that class. The episode with the brown trout in the estuary trashing smelt was fun to watch. The taimen fishing in japan looked interesting and a fishery that I was not aware of.

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries

Buzzy

All episodes are well done and the picture quality and overall photography is a pleasure to watch. The queenfish and the Samson fish really peaked my interest, I have caught queenfish and they are a blast but the fish a landed were not in that class. The episode with the brown trout in the estuary trashing smelt was fun to watch. The taimen fishing in japan looked interesting and a fishery that I was not aware of.
I was fascinated with the taimen fishing in Japan and completely unaware of this "opportunity". A two meter fish chance?

What a great series to have discovered: Thank you @GAT for pointing it out.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Yeah GAT, thanks for alerting us to this. I had no idea this stuff even existed on Prime. Funny thing, I hadn't watched anything on Prime for about 3 months, and couldn't figure out how to access Prime, since it's no longer available through my Comcast cable. I bought a Firestick through Amazon to access Prime, but had forgotten that I have to switch to HDMI 2 from the usual 1. Once there, I still couldn't find it until my daughter showed me the search function. Icon doo-hickeys are not intuitive to me; sheesh! After all that I had time only for the first episode, and it's really good photography.

GAT

Dumbfounded
All the credit goes to my wife, Virginia, for originally finding the program on Prime.

It was common to see Atlantic Salmon (the land locked guys) at Hosmer jumping out of the water to take flying damselfly adults but I've never seen a trout jump two feet out of the water to grab a mayfly spinner in the air. That was amazing.

Bruce Baker

Yeah GAT, thanks for alerting us to this. I had no idea this stuff even existed on Prime. Funny thing, I hadn't watched anything on Prime for about 3 months, and couldn't figure out how to access Prime, since it's no longer available through my Comcast cable. I bought a Firestick through Amazon to access Prime, but had forgotten that I have to switch to HDMI 2 from the usual 1. Once there, I still couldn't find it until my daughter showed me the search function. Icon doo-hickeys are not intuitive to me; sheesh! After all that I had time only for the first episode, and it's really good photography.
Did you make a change to your Comcast package? Prime is still available and they just added Hulu.

Bruce Baker

I have seen a lot of fishing programs on Prime. Many of the shows that interested me are from a while ago and/or showing limited numbers of episodes.

Zak

WFF Supporter
My granddaughter has that service. She pays for it. I'm kind of tired of cable the price keeps going up and the service is lousy.
I finally cancelled cable, kept a good internet connection, and subscribe to Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu. It's a lot cheaper! My neighbor raves about Youtube TV for regular TV programs, but I haven't tried that.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts