Carpin Baby

Nick Metzman

I went out yesterday with a buddy to do some carpin at a creek that runs off of the Minnesota River. This spot is always a crap shoot, due to high water. When the river floods the creek is completely unfishable. As it is it’s normally damn muddy.

It was great to get out there; I hadn’t seen my buddy in awhile. As soon as we got to the spot, we saw fish boiling. The creek predominantly holds carp but I’ve also seen gar, freshwater drum, catfish, and bowfin pulled out of there. My friend got one right away, as well as a bowfin. What a creepy looking fish they are!

I ended up with this brute. Fought like hell man. I’d forgotten how strong they are. I’m gunna have to make more of a concerted effort for carp in the future. It was a rush for sure!

Had to get muddy to fetch him from the waters edge. Couldn’t swing him into a more convenient spot.

F854E59F-A201-4353-831E-1504C2ABEDE8.png

Buzzy

I went out yesterday with a buddy to do some carpin at a creek that runs off of the Minnesota River. This spot is always a crap shoot, due to high water. When the river floods the creek is completely unfishable. As it is it’s normally damn muddy.

It was great to get out there; I hadn’t seen my buddy in awhile. As soon as we got to the spot, we saw fish boiling. The creek predominantly holds carp but I’ve also seen gar, freshwater drum, catfish, and bowfin pulled out of there. My friend got one right away, as well as a bowfin. What a creepy looking fish they are!

I ended up with this brute. Fought like hell man. I’d forgotten how strong they are. I’m gunna have to make more of a concerted effort for carp in the future. It was a rush for sure!

Had to get muddy to fetch him from the waters edge. Couldn’t swing him into a more convenient spot.

View attachment 237144
Gettin' muddy is part of the fun! Well done and thanks for sharing. Jeez, I need a fishin' fix and you helped a bit.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts