Wooden Driftboat Refinishing w/ Pics!

Joshw

Tamer of Trouts
You guys might have seen the wooden driftboat for sale from Ron Eagle Elk in the classifieds a couple of weeks ago....well I was the lucky one to get my hands on it! Thanks Ron! :beer2: I am currently in the process of stripping it down to bare wood inside and out, repairing some minor dry rot at the rear and getting her ready for the water.

The picture above is before my buddy (body man/car painter) and I took his DA (daul action sander) to it and below is 1 hour after using 160 grit sandpaper and the DA! That DA is a great tool...can't believe I sanded my old wooden boat with a palm sander!

I will post some more pictures as I get further along in the refinishing stages. Hopefully, it'll be ready for it's "maiden" voyage down the Yakima at the end of the month and then over to Montana for a few weeks! :thumb:

Josh

Joshw

Tamer of Trouts
Sanding was completely finished last night. I should start varnishing the inside tomorrow night....with a little intermission for paint application on the sides this weekend. :beer2:

Josh