Looking For A Good Coleslaw Recipe

Gary Knowels

I like mine bright so it gets lemon zest, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar along with mayo, brown sugar, celery seed, onion powder, and S&P. No idea on measurements, I just do it to taste.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
I probably have more of a sweet tooth than most, but in my opinion, KFC nails it perfectly.
In my youth, I worked the kitchen of a KFC. The older owner came In to make the gravy and coleslaw once a week, those were the best days, smell was good!
I bet I have eaten 1000 pounds of KFC coleslaw. Or more
My coleslaw job was limited to do a couple of taps of paprika on top before sealing the lids.
Uh oh, did I give away a secret? I never ate the greasy chicken, but the sides choices were all good!

I remember my grandmother had Apple slices in her coleslaw, great as well

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Sadly I don't have my Gram's coleslaw recipe (that generation kept recipes in their head and were reluctant to share, lol.). I do like ALL cruciferous vegetables, however and in addition to corned beef & cabbage, ham or kielbasa & cabbage are favorites.

jamma

In my youth, I worked the kitchen of a KFC. The older owner came In to make the gravy and coleslaw once a week, those were the best days, smell was good!
My coleslaw job was limited to do a couple of taps of paprika on top before sealing the lids.
Uh oh, did I give away a secret? I never ate the greasy chicken, but the sides choices were all good!

Hah! I googled some copycat recipes and none of them mention paprika. Looking to make a batch and see how it compares. I'm likin' this thread! :D

jamma

I made my first batch ever using a recipe claimed to imitate KFC's. It was close but not as sweet so I am looking forward to making another batch this week with a bit more sugar.

Now, about those 11 herbs and spices........ :D

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts