Watermaster, Maxxon Packraft or similar

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
Randy,
I already have a Commander which I really like, but I’d prefer something lighter and more packable.
Storage space is a bit tight as well where I intend to ship it to and possibly leave there.
I’ll continue to use the Commander for local work.
SF
based on the box my commander came in, and the 35 lb weight, i dont think there is a better option for flying and shipping a good boat. it folds up smaller then a watermaster in its carry bag for sure.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
based on the box my commander came in, and the 35 lb weight, i dont think there is a better option for flying and shipping a good boat. it folds up smaller then a watermaster in its carry bag for sure.
@Dustin Bise
Do you have the newer version of the Commander, gray colored without the pointed ends?
If so, if you get a chance please post picture of it in its carry bag if it is convenient to do so.
I bought mine used (older model) so I don’t have a bag. I’d just like to see how the oars fit in the bag and the overall size when the boat is in its bag.
Maybe buying a bag from Outcast might be an option.
Thanks for your input.
SF

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
@Dustin Bise
Do you have the newer version of the Commander, gray colored without the pointed ends?
If so, if you get a chance please post picture of it in its carry bag if it is convenient to do so.
I bought mine used (older model) so I don’t have a bag. I’d just like to see how the oars fit in the bag and the overall size when the boat is in its bag.
Maybe buying a bag from Outcast might be an option.
Thanks for your input.
SF
i dont have a bag for it, but i was AMAZED at how SMALL the box was that it shipped in. Like, actually amazaed. And yes, i have the gray/orange model with the more modern rounded ends (the newest version). 32lbs total weight. Im sure you could fit it into a dry bag or something.

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
I have had a Watermaster for several years now. Mostly love it, but it’s a slow rowing thing. The greater surface contact is why, but that’s a plus in the wind. You don’t get blown around like a pontoon, I had one. Storage is mostly behind the seat, but lots of space. Hope this helps...

Roper

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts